Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Role-Play Night

Go down 
+11
Abbi-kun
harlequin-hoody
Vikkiii
Tom
Osaka
Guntank
Kursed
∞Hana∞
Takanaki
Jo
Deus Invisus
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

Role-Play Night - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:28 pm

To be fair, I tried to land the lifeboat (which would have eben close to the crash site) but you told me there was nothing but water underneath it.

Not being picky or anything lol, just saying.

As for repairing friendships - I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not mad at you :S You tried to do something fun for us and it just didn't work out, I wouldn't let something silly like that affect a friendship, haha O.O
Back to top Go down
Deus Invisus
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Deus Invisus

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:44 pm

that is true! i said that, because i tried guid you in a direction before you lifeboat runs out fuel and make you all fall to your doom and you fiath points would not be able to help you out at that point XP

beside the ship difted too far away from you all, so you wouldnt be able to catch up to it lol.

i wouldnt mind doing another roleplay night. i just gonna need to clear my thoughts up before i get back into the GMs corner to sort out how to get a kharzan further than the rest of group before he walks into another trap, or perhaps jo could use common sense and realize not all loot is safe, and another thing his type wouldn't be looting in the first place lol.

but cheers tom.
Back to top Go down
Takanaki
In the Academy
In the Academy
Takanaki

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:03 pm

I'll run a game if people want one. I need a venue though, also players.

P.s: Get your own dice ; )
Back to top Go down
Deus Invisus
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Deus Invisus

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:14 pm

you said that before and you said you supposedly be organizing a second rp to co-existalong mine didnt you? besides im not stepping down yet, i just need to be organizing the events a bit more better, besides what game do you have in mind? and perhaps i should stick to a smaller group from now on, as large groups do tend to get a bit to rowdy :S

well the six hill strret place is going through some changes, and if i can negotiate with them i could get you a place sorted. however if i remember its a pound per person to enter the club and there is no smoking allowed :S.

and anouther thing? can i play?
Back to top Go down
Takanaki
In the Academy
In the Academy
Takanaki

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:20 am

Still figuring out what I would do exactly and how many I would want to DM for. Like you say the more people the harder it is to keep things moving at a steady pace and give everyone the limelight they so crave.

System would be Dark Heresy as I have the Core Rulebook and there's very little other material useful to the setting other than maybe 10-20 pages which can be printed off. It's a real simple system to play/use and modify.

Was thinking of looking into function rooms also, sixhills seems like a decent suggestion for a venue but im not sure on anything right now. Would at least require people to be willing to pay towards a room if we can't find a free place, whether that's £1 for sixhills or whatever. Investing in dice isn't expensive either.

Brief on what Dark Heresy is: Warhammer 40k, you play the Imperium of Man working for the Inquisition (typically). So in a nutshell you're future humans, in a grim and perilous universe full of chaos and fear, heresy and blablabla. To the average citizen (you) everything is just fine and dandy, you love the Emperor because he's awesome and anyone else can just go suck on a giant steamy turd. It isn't quite so clear cut, but if you want to know more about it I suggest google.
Back to top Go down
Deus Invisus
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Deus Invisus

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:38 am

well i do a large proportion of the 41st millenium, "your a jew *cough cough* i mean an alien and your scum and you must die, we dont know how to work and fix the playstaion so we have to pray to it to get it to work, the emperor is our god, he loves us, and join the army and your life expectancy becomes 6 hours Razz" and i have read the whole rule book and i am very familiar to the d100 system, i have one question?

Can i be the techpriest?

meanwhile for my campaign that may still be happening on tuesday i like to know who will be turning up?
Back to top Go down
Takanaki
In the Academy
In the Academy
Takanaki

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:55 am

The only class I would limit is Psyker for the pure reason of how broken they are. It's incredibly useful to have one in a group as a healer, but even a pure Biomancy Psyker is ridiculously better than the other classes. I'll just invent a better way for people to heal than Psionic powers which crush tanks without effort.

(Disclaimer: In the event a game is made, no promises. Need venue/players)
Back to top Go down
Deus Invisus
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Deus Invisus

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:01 am

yeah i know how badly psyker can be, basicly superman :S and that why witch hunters exist, they hunt down over powered psykers and sacrifice them to the emperor lol! or if psykers are that bad they send in space marines to kill em :S or worse a combined force of the ordo hereticus and marines O.O = overkill!

there are some sick stories ive read, the inquisition ones are pretty harsh from what i read, the inquisition bombed down a city killing all innocents just to get the one damn psyker Razz
Back to top Go down
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 2:20 am

Deus Invisus wrote:
there is no smoking allowed

YES.

*ships all posters above this post, on this page*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
Deus Invisus
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Deus Invisus

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 2:55 am

NOoooooooooo! D: dont ship me!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:14 am

If you do a RP mark, I still wanna be a Cleric with a mace-hammer-sword-axe
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Tom wrote:
mace-hammer-sword-axe

Only if I can be Manbearpig.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Deus Invisus
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Deus Invisus

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 3:55 am

there arnt any clerics in dark heresy, however there are some preachers that run around with thunder hammers ^^
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:54 pm

You kinda missed something that Tom said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Deus Invisus
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Deus Invisus

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:45 pm

kinda XP but there arnt any mace-hammer-sword-axe. but a thunder hammer could do..... or the knife-wrench could do it.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:07 pm

There are clerics in DH, and I shall doodle a mace-hammer-sword-axe at some point soon.
Back to top Go down
Deus Invisus
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Deus Invisus

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:23 pm

you mean this guy.

Role-Play Night - Page 6 Cleric

not what you might of expected for a cleric, there not the type of people who heal people, there basicly a bunch of preachers who run about chanting peoples doom, and teach people that they should love and worship there emperor.

while ill be selecting to be playing as one of these
Role-Play Night - Page 6 Techpriest
Techpriest!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:55 pm

In Dark Heresy, the players pick a career path for their character which is similar to a class from other RPG systems such as D&D. There are 8 career paths in the core rulebook, with a further career path added in the Inquisitors Handbook sourcebook, they are;

* Adept - A career path devoted to knowledge, logic, and analysis, though they are not very effective in combat and not always good in social interaction.
* Arbitrator - Members of the Adeptus Arbites, the elite Imperial Law upholding organisation, are effective both in investigative skills and combat.
* Assassin - These skilled killers excel in both combat and stealth skills
* Cleric - Clergymen of the Ecclesiarchy train in a wide range of abilities but excel at motivation and leadership
* Guardsman - Although this class usually brings to mind members of the Imperial Guard, it also applies to mercenaries and other soldiers; they are skilled warriors who can also operate vehicles
* Imperial Psyker - This class represents an individual with psychic powers, able to channel the warp to accomplish a wide variety of things.
* Scum - Criminals, outcasts, thieves, and other miscreants, this class has a variety of useful skills involving stealth, infiltration and social interaction with less honest members of Imperial society.
* Tech-Priest - Skilled with machines and technology, they are members of the Cult Mechanicus
* Adepta Sororitas - Commonly known as the Sisters of Battle, this career path was introduced in the Inquisitors Handbook and is recommended for veteran players due to the roleplaying challenges involved. While superficially similar to clerics, they are even more rigid in their mindset and can perform faith talents
Back to top Go down
Deus Invisus
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Deus Invisus

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:05 pm

i know this cos i have a copy of the book on my computer, ive read it Razz however i wouldnt dare say the career path is like dnd, cos you character is born as that class and dies as that class, he cant turn to a different class, only that he can advance his class instead. while you have to pick what world your from. such as a feral world or a civilized world or void born (born in space) ill fille the other worlds in later.

you also forgot the space marine and the alien mercenary, but i think they should be left out are they are too powerful to play as.

space marines have an average strength of 120 and the toughness of 100.

besides were the devil did you get that knowledge from? mark? and is there meets ups that im no longer allowed to join?

and another question, do people still want to continue the roleplay at my place? (if you do please pm me) cos im feeling a bit bombed out here and im trying to fix a few things without causing more problems.
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:15 pm

Deus Invisus wrote:

besides were the devil did you get that knowledge from? mark? and is there meets ups that im no longer allowed to join?

Lmao, Lewis, you're so paranoid! XP!! It's called the internet. I'm guessing Tom copied and pasted it from Wiki or somewhere *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Deus Invisus
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Deus Invisus

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:17 pm

im not paranoid! *shifty eyes* im just curious! *sighs* imjust gonna go over there now, chill out for 4 hours and ill be back just after ten.
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:45 pm

this thread makes me lolololol so badly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:52 pm

Role-Play Night - Page 6 25sy5ue

I'm thinking he could have a book in the other hand, and some glasses halfway down his nose.
Back to top Go down
Takanaki
In the Academy
In the Academy
Takanaki

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:53 pm

You can get that information on wikipedia Lewis. Also the weapon looks fine, but it will cost you slightly more than the normal weapons added together to compensate for it being an unusual order. That still isn't very expensive btw and I still don't have a venue hurfdurf.

Role-Play Night - Page 6 2rpp639
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:56 pm

Vikkiii wrote:
this thread makes me lolololol so badly.

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Night   Role-Play Night - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Role-Play Night
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next