Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anime Night CANCELLED

Go down 
+5
Kursed
The Captain
Taya
Takanaki
Kelliann
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelliann
Kelliann

Anime Night CANCELLED Empty
PostSubject: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:11 pm

EDIT: On 24th of August theres gonna be an anime night/sleepover at mine.
Only 3 people can come and so far maybe Poppy and Kirsty will be going.
No boys allowed sorry parents rules.

If you will be coming, then perhaps bring some anime DVD's maybe even Manga,
as I only have 4 anime DVD's: Fruits Basket, Full Metal Panic, Rumbling Hearts, FFVII Advent Children,
I have internet connection so if you do forget, or don't have any anime othat you could bring, could always watch
anime with youtube, anime websites etc..

As it's on the day of Hubbards Hills, after we'll walk to my house (I live about 15mins away from town).

Last edited by Kelliann on Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : saves guys from wasting their time reading, such as myself.)
Back to top Go down
Takanaki
In the Academy
In the Academy
Takanaki

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:29 pm

Sexism.... Cat Fight
Back to top Go down
Taya
Training for Bankai
Training for Bankai
Taya

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:36 am

Takanaki wrote:
Sexism.... Cat Fight

It's just her parents that aren't allowing guys it's not like she doesn't want guys there. .=_=
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/5201314gravitation
The Captain
In the Academy
In the Academy
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:57 pm

In all fairness, I'd be the same were I her parents, and I am practically te next best thing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:25 pm

Gah *pulls hair out* I don't think I'll be able to make it if it's on the 10th.. I've just remembered it's my mum's birthday >_< gaaahhh...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
Beth
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Beth

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:14 pm

Sorry I'm not in here at the moment otherwise I'd come D=
Back to top Go down
Kelliann
Kelliann

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:51 pm

It's going to be on the 17th now because on the 10th I'll be at a friends house for her birthday.

Is 17th fine?
Back to top Go down
Kelliann
Kelliann

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:29 pm

Just wondering if anyone is still willing to come to the anime night on monday after Hubbards Hills?
I'm only allowed 3 to stay, I think maybe Poppy and Kirsty said the other week that they are staying just checking to see if you still are, and one more person can stay but not sure whether Poppy still is (because I hasn't got her phone number or anything).
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:19 pm

Quote :
  • No double, triple, etc posting. If you post another reply to a thread RIGHT AFTER your own post you will result in a warning. It's not hard to edit a post of your own, use the edit button, it takes 2 seconds.

https://gyaam.forumotion.net/members-f1/forum-rules-23-4-09-t426.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:27 pm

I can get you Poppy's number and PM/text you it n_n but.. I've actually just realised I have my driving test again on Tuesday at 10:41am >___<
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:03 am

Alex-J wrote:
Quote :
  • No double, triple, etc posting. If you post another reply to a thread RIGHT AFTER your own post you will result in a warning. It's not hard to edit a post of your own, use the edit button, it takes 2 seconds.

i wouldn't say 17 days after is right away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
The Captain
In the Academy
In the Academy
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:34 pm

Alex-J wrote:
Quote :

Stop funking doing that. This isn't an official corporate forum, or some big forum filled with anonymous people from all around the world, this is a platform for us who know each other in real life to communicate from home. At ease. Good naturedly. A double post doesn't hurt anything at the best of times, and especially not in this setting.

If you want to wave your virtual todger around, go to Neogaf or something.

Last edited by Alex-J on Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited fucking to funking because your language isn't liked here.)
Back to top Go down
Kelliann
Kelliann

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:56 pm

The anime night is cancelled.
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:13 am

The Captain wrote:
Alex-J wrote:
Quote :

Stop fucking doing that. This isn't an official corporate forum, or some big forum filled with anonymous people from all around the world, this is a platform for us who know each other in real life to communicate from home. At ease. Good naturedly. A double post doesn't hurt anything at the best of times, and especially not in this setting.

If you don't like the rules, get off the forum.
Back to top Go down
Courtney
4th Seat
4th Seat
Courtney

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:24 am

Kelliann wrote:
The anime night is cancelled.

Would you like me to let Poppy know?

I'll text her anyway xP
Back to top Go down
The Captain
In the Academy
In the Academy
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:12 am

Alex-J wrote:
The Captain wrote:
Alex-J wrote:
Quote :

Stop fucking doing that. This isn't an official corporate forum, or some big forum filled with anonymous people from all around the world, this is a platform for us who know each other in real life to communicate from home. At ease. Good naturedly. A double post doesn't hurt anything at the best of times, and especially not in this setting.

If you don't like the rules, get off the forum.

I don't like people being up-their-own-arse rule-mongers who use so-called internet mod "power" to swing their virtual bollocks around to hide the fact that they have no life.

Double-posting hurts no-one. You wouldn't get uptight if someone texted you twice in succession, or rang you twice, or sent you two quick MSN messages. So fucking quit it, yeah?
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:10 am

At what point did I result to trying to take a jab at how you live your life? Answer: never

You know, me and Kirsty never have to use the "ultra-omega-super-special-awesome-mod-powers" because everyone usually will comply.

If it really really REALLY annoys you that much, wait for Kirsty's emails about what we're doing.

Also, this picture applys:

Anime Night CANCELLED Ethug2

I don't appreciate being spoken to like that, and i'm pretty damn sure you don't either. Or for ease of thought, don't speak to people in a way you wouldn't like to be spoken to.

I want you to read this and think, "If I walked into your house and you have rules that are "take off your shoes" and I didn't take off my shoes, you would be annoyed because someone caused you more work. In this case, the need to vacuum some dirt or something. You ask me "why didn't you take your shoes off? It's a rule you know", and I reply "Well, you'd be vacuuming the floor sometime anyway." ." That is exactly how you're acting (myself in the example). You're walking into the house which Kirsty and Myself built, and you're trekking muddy foot prints through it and not caring. Show some respect. There would be no club if it were not for Kirsty and there would be no forum if it were not for me.

/locking thread, because due to the user in the post above mine this thread has been completely derailed.

PS: sorry for anyone that wanted to reply to this thread.
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:52 pm

In this situation, where Kelly posted after such a long period of time, on such a topic, like Viki said, personally I found it alittle uncalled for and harsh BUT I do see it from Alex's point of view as a 'mod' - other members might have seen Kelly's double posts and misunderstood etc and thought, "hey, she can double post without anything being said, so why can't I? or maybe I missed something and now you can double post!" that sort of thing. We're not allthe brightest technowizzes on the internet (speaking for myself here!)

'Why crack down on double posting?' (adressed to everyone)

1. It's a rule. Sure it may seem petty to you, but I'm sure there are many rules in the world that may seem petty to you. You just have to live with it. At the end of the day, myself and Alex make up the rules for this forum - you either live with it or leave. As harsh as it is, that's the way it works.

2. We find that double posts look messy. We don't like it. It makes us cringe. It makes our skin crawl. That and we like to keep the forum looking as simple and tidy as possible so that confusion is kept to a minimal. Remember that some members have little/no past experience with forums and are easliy confused and 'lost'.

3. We feel that there is generally no need for double posts. It's very easy to edit a post. Double posts just bump up a thread and draw attension to your post (attension seeking?) as I see it. (Remember what I said about Kelly's post and how I felt this was not the case and she had good reason to double post).

I don't care how 'power hungry' you think myself or Alex might be - perhaps we are. But in my honest opinion, I believe that we're pretty lenient and relaxed. All we do is keep the forum looking simple and tidy, and 'drama' down to a miniumum. That's what we strive for as 'mods' of this forum.

I know that Alex tries his best and does what he feels is most beneficial for the forum and most importantly the members. I know that he isn't just acting out of self-glory or however you want to put it. I think that he does a great job and I'm thankful to him for that over the last year+

I'm sorry to you Rob and anyone else has been offended or felt that they've been personally attacked/victimised. I can assure you that it was unintentional.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Night CANCELLED   Anime Night CANCELLED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime Night CANCELLED
Page 1 of 1