Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NOVEMBER Activities?

Go down 
+4
Taya
∞Hana∞
Osaka
Kursed
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

NOVEMBER Activities? Empty
PostSubject: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:57 pm

What does everyone fancy doing this November at the club then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 12:14 am

I've already put the prospect of sushi making forward.

I mean yeah, you can learn on youtube, but it does look like a lot of fun and I've always wanted to learn, for as long as I can remember, to be honest.

I think it'd be good if we all worked out a few different places to buy the stuff we need to do it and share what come out as the cheapest to buy and the best to taste.
Back to top Go down
∞Hana∞
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
∞Hana∞

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:59 am

How about a fanfic night >.>

Ya know like sharing stories you've written or are writing and OC's. Giveing tips/ideas to people who need help with storys/story writing
Back to top Go down
Taya
Training for Bankai
Training for Bankai
Taya

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:12 am

I have a sushi board rolling thingy - its only small though - its for domestic use XD

but I only have one
and the ones I make tend to be my own creations - vegetarian style XP

you can't get good sashimi Crying or Very sad unless you wake really early and go to the docks... which im too lazy too do XP and I don't dare cut a live fish - not skilled enough either

did try using crab sticks though today...

and I tend to cheat when preparing the rice XP I use left over rice in our rice cooker -mostly whilst it's warm and put it in a container and just put sugar, vinegar and salt and mash it together! (well not mash but mix XP)

and just plop it on the nori roll up use vinegar to seal it get my dad with his awesome skills and sharp sharp SHARP knife to cut it skillfully - since I always make a mess of it- and at the end I drop a tiny drop of vinegar on each sushi - since I never put enough vinegar on - can't get hold of wasabi - though I never really liked it (._.) .. I think I ranted on too much >.< sorry !

but um... maybe a club doujinshi? where we can get into groups and actually make some an editor, mangaka(s), manager - handle the papers,pens stationary... or have a day 'in the life of a salaryman' XD

joke ._.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/5201314gravitation
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:21 am

Taya wrote:
but um... maybe a club doujinshi?

Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:31 pm

Quote :

*face palm*... You are now dubbed D-girl aswell as SA-girl.

Quote :

How about a fanfic night >.>

Havn't we done that like 3 times already? Just peoplemgot the wrong idea
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Taya
Training for Bankai
Training for Bankai
Taya

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:14 pm

Alex-J wrote:
Quote :

*face palm*... You are now dubbed D-girl aswell as SA-girl.

silent I meant as in where people make a doujin (not about the club)

Evil or Very Mad the 'D' in D-girl sounds suspiciously like dumb Evil or Very Mad

Razz
Back to top Go down
KariAlkia
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
KariAlkia

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:15 am

I have some real wasabi and i know i have a sushi cook book somewhere XD ...you can also get like sushi stuff in tesco now.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/karialkia
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 6:21 am

Right but I'd rather shop for it on the market or a small store if I can because I know it's "real" and because I don't like supporting the big chains.

It's part of what's hurting our economy so much and frankly, the quality of things at these little places tends to be much better... How shall I put it:

The flavors are more distinct and the products more unique and unusual.

...Something about it feels more honest.
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:40 pm

*agrees with Lee* Did you know If Tescos and Morrisons combine, they could buy the country Iceland? Anyway, Sushi, let's do it at the end of the month so we have lots of time to prepare! November 24th.

Now, what else do people want to do?
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Lets have fireworks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:22 pm

Hey, Kirsty: Idea...

Could we all meet up on a day, go down freeman street and explore the stalls and the market together and try to find what it is we're after with a sort of shopping list?
It would be a pretty good experience for those of us who love the super-market convenience and help wean us out of it.

It also might be good if we did maybe... Karaoke. We could get some openings that present the subtitles for the Japanese on the projector and do that or find instrumentals or something. I really don't know but it could be fun.

*Imagines the vast array of retards (probably including myself) who'll end up singing the Pokemon OP because someone among us will pick it to spite us because EVERYONE knows it*
Back to top Go down
Taya
Training for Bankai
Training for Bankai
Taya

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:43 pm

osakanone wrote:

Could we all meet up on a day, go down freeman street and explore the stalls and the market together and try to find what it is we're after with a sort of shopping list?
It would be a pretty good experience for those of us who love the super-market convenience and help wean us out of it.

It also might be good if we did maybe... Karaoke. We could get some openings that present the subtitles for the Japanese on the projector and do that or find instrumentals or something. I really don't know but it could be fun.

*Imagines the vast array of retards (probably including myself) who'll end up singing the Pokemon OP because someone among us will pick it to spite us because EVERYONE knows it*

I actually don't know the the OP song of Pokemon lol all I know is '...(something) very best' XD

But yay! Karaoke!
I've always wanted to go to Japan and sing karaoke but I wanna go to korea (even more) for the karaoke as you can throw tissue rolls round!~~
or Hong Kong since I don't know Japanese or Korean XP
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:45 pm

Taya wrote:
osakanone wrote:

I actually don't know the the OP song of Pokemon lol all I know is '...(something) very best' XD

But yay! Karaoke!
I've always wanted to go to Japan and sing karaoke but I wanna go to korea (even more) for the karaoke as you can throw tissue rolls round!~~
or Hong Kong since I don't know Japanese or Korean XP

:O:O:O
Even I!!! yes I, know the opening of pokemon
XD
you can always learn it on the night!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
Kimbob
4th Seat
4th Seat
Kimbob

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:14 pm

i wonna be (.) the ve:ry best (.) that no:o:ne eve:r was dun dun dun

Pokemon theme- transcript tyle <3

Kirsty, we still doing pass the parcel this monday being as we forgot to do it on halloween? >___> Is it really really big with lots and lots of prizzes?! =D
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 10:16 pm

There shall be pass the parcle (with manga sizes + lots more lovely surprises ;D) on the 10th.

Lee that's some great ideas! We should all meet up on the saturday before the Sushi night and do that and I LOVE the idea for bringing along instruments for the karaoke! XP Just the only thing with karaoke is.. microphones or whatever you need x_x any ideas there, anyone?

What shall we do THIS monday? xp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOVEMBER Activities?   NOVEMBER Activities? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOVEMBER Activities?
Page 1 of 1