Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 24th! =o

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

November 24th! =o Empty
PostSubject: November 24th! =o   November 24th! =o Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 2:10 am

Sorry for contacting everyone at such short notice >_< *is terrible* Okay, so this coming Monday night (24th November) It’s the sushi and rice ball cooking night! =o

To make rice balls (onigiri) you need the following ingredients:

Rice (short grain preferably)
Nori (seaweed)
Salt
Filling (Pickled plum/smoked salmon usually) but you can also use tuna mixed with mayo, crab(sticks), anchovies, shredded carrot/cucumber, pickles, pickled onions etc (use your imagination! Xp)

To make sushi you need the following ingredients:

Rice xp! (short grain preferably)
Rice vinegar (but white vinegar will do the job)
Soy sauce
Wasabi (green horseradish is the cheap and easy option =D)
Nori (seaweed)
Filling (Raw fish usually) but you can also use crab(sticks), tuna mixed with mayo, shredded carrot/cucumber etc. (again, use your imagination xp!)

So that’s what is needed, now don’t worry! We’ll be providing rice/salt/nori etc but we’re asking you all to bring your own fillings (you really don’t need a lot of filling for each).
If you want to bring along any of the other stuff feel free i.e. your own rice cookers/steamers, whatever you think you might want to use: maybe you fancy a tomato ketchup flavored rice ball? xp

If anyone has any questions/comments/concerns feel free to contact me (or post here) any time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
Croft
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Croft

November 24th! =o Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 24th! =o   November 24th! =o Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 6:51 pm

OH GOD D8 short notice much ;A; ill try get stuff
Back to top Go down
http://malikaa.deviantart.com
shaftalot
shaftalot

November 24th! =o Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 24th! =o   November 24th! =o Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 7:43 pm

sushi sounds nice! but theres no way im gonna be able to get any other fillings so its tuna mayo 4 me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pheonixcameron
Taya
Training for Bankai
Training for Bankai
Taya

November 24th! =o Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 24th! =o   November 24th! =o Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:59 pm

um I can bring rice? but it's fine rice? I don't know what short grain is T^T um I have large grain and fine grain... (can anyone clarify whar short grain is..?- I feel dumb >< since short can be rough or fine... ^^; ahaha...) maybe I should google it ¬_¬;; and then I'll come back and delete this post..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/5201314gravitation
Kursed
Kursed

November 24th! =o Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 24th! =o   November 24th! =o Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 11:04 pm

I have not alot of idea.. I just know that short grain is stickier.. maybe fine is the same as short?! XP Either way I'm sure it'll work out! How much rice would you be bringing?
Back to top Go down
Taya
Training for Bankai
Training for Bankai
Taya

November 24th! =o Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 24th! =o   November 24th! =o Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:35 am

um... well my mum kept saying she can actually do the rice and put it in containers and all we do is microwave them XD (of the rice has already been through the rice cooker) lol

My parents said we could sell you rice ahahaha

since we'll sell like 1kg for £1, whilst on average it's 1kg for £2.60 (approx.) - well usually but it's just for anyone who can't find rice lolol and I don't know about the fine rice and large rice ><

All I know is that 'long grain rice' is best as a side dish or on it's own *¬* I love it~~ it stays separate and fluffy yumyumyum~~~

I remember my first experience with doing the rice- I had to wash it and I put too much effort into it - sounds ridiculous? lol well I washed it TOO much lol because my grandmother taught me how to wash the rice (stayed there over the holidays- no internet/tv T^T) and I had to help her with cutting/cleaning vegetables and melons and putting in a box (with wheels- my grandpa made) and dragging it to their takeaway - their house is around the corner to their shop.

I also had to poke (with a stick) their pears off the tree and catch them and put them in a basket and cleaned the house/washed the floors/rugs - by hand - also wore those hankerchief around the head... I feel like a servant XD

ah! I went off topic!!! X_X um when I came back home I didn't know that the rice types were different, my grandma uses long grain- much rougher and healthier(more nutrients) so we have to wash it more vigorously but with my mum's we use fine grain- medium (O! it's medium!- my mind just kinda clicked!) and I washed it tooo hard X______X

and when we ate it the rice was all small nearly mushed and it wasn't grainy >_< they haven't let me live it down since!

sorry for talking so much!!!

Embarassed

OO!!! and Japanese rice has an alternative name called Chinese sweet rice- but it's not sweet XD

EDIT: I don't have glutinous rice nor do I have any short-grain ><

only medium and white and large... ><
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

November 24th! =o Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 24th! =o   November 24th! =o Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:57 am

I see.. Taya, ask your parents or whoever which of their rice is the stickiest? XP Because that's what we need, STICKY RICE!

Ha ha xp your story reminds me of Hikari from Special A! When she is making onigiri and washes the rice too much..
Back to top Go down
Taya
Training for Bankai
Training for Bankai
Taya

November 24th! =o Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 24th! =o   November 24th! =o Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 3:08 am

o! I read Special A too! My sister's told me to read it because it reminded them of my..incident ¬_¬

o and um... medium is stickier than white and large

But Medium is still not as sticky as Chinese sweet rice (or even MORE sticky- glutunious rice- can't spell)

EDIT: not medium but fragrant rice (we don't have medium but fragrant ><)
Back to top Go down
Kimbob
4th Seat
4th Seat
Kimbob

November 24th! =o Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 24th! =o   November 24th! =o Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:33 pm

Last night was fun n___n I didnt make anything though, i just kinda ate... x_____x Twas yummeh!!! D:< Laura should be a chef and come work for me in my kitchen n___n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

November 24th! =o Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 24th! =o   November 24th! =o Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

November 24th! =o
Page 1 of 1