Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Activities for SEPTEMBER

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

Activities for SEPTEMBER Empty
PostSubject: Activities for SEPTEMBER   Activities for SEPTEMBER Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:41 am

Okay everyone, I'm back Saturday so I'll be back on Monday night n_n *excited* We're going to tighten things up from now on, as in keep to time etc.

The following activities can be changed if people aren't happy with them etc, there's the activity list in the 'Suggestions' section if you would rather do something from there too. Let us know how you feel about everything! Hope you enjoy what's planned! n_n

8th September: 'Bring & Share' - As the title says! Bring and share your manga! If you have manga that you are happy to let others read during the club night then bring it along! (Don't worry about getting manga lost etc, I'll make sure what people bring is written down.) This will be a great opportunity for you to read and discover series you may never have heard of or series you've been meaning to read for awhile.
It would be great if for this night people could bring the first volume (or two) of each of their series or just their favourite.
Also, because like I said we'll be getting the club more organised, from now on we'll be showing an OVA/1or2 episodes of anime each week. The series being shown each week will change (depending on how everyone feels about the series being shown) This week I think Alex is showing Shakugan no shana? or did he show that last Monday?

15th September: 'Skit Night' - Do people know what a skit is? Well they are kinda like a comedy sketch (I'll explain on the night) however, you will be given a bag of items and put into groups, you need to preform a sketch using all the items and making it anime/japanese related. It's ALOT of fun, I promise you!

22nd September: '4-Panel-Manga-Drawing-Bananza' - Does what it says on the box! 4 panel/cell manga (or in Japanese yonkoma manga) is a comic strip format which generally consists of gag comic strips within four cells of equal size ordered from top to bottom. We're going to be making our own! Yes, yes.. I confess.. I stole the idea from Hiromi-sensei, but they are so fun and cute! There'll be reference material (Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh, FMA omake etc) and there'll be tips on how to draw easy 'things' (such as onigiri) which are easy to manipulate into whatever you want for those who aren't so hot on drawing. There'll be competitions too!

29th September: TBA - Anything that anyone particularly wants to do?

Last edited by Kursed on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Activities for SEPTEMBER   Activities for SEPTEMBER Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:39 pm

PROBLEM: Shakugan no Shana series 1 was on my knackered hard drive, and the torrents are down, since the series got liscensed. So i'm going to download the movie, as the movie is basicly an alteration to the first series, but it is the exact same up to about... 45minutes in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Activities for SEPTEMBER   Activities for SEPTEMBER Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Alex-J wrote:
PROBLEM: Shakugan no Shana series 1 was on my knackered hard drive, and the torrents are down, since the series got liscensed. So i'm going to download the movie, as the movie is basicly an alteration to the first series, but it is the exact same up to about... 45minutes in.

Ahh.. okay.. sorry about that >_< I just over-heardread you saying something about watching it.. somewhere on the forums.. unless I dreamt it o_O
Back to top Go down
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Activities for SEPTEMBER   Activities for SEPTEMBER Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 6:36 pm

Quote :

'Skin Tight'...
...'Skit Night'
It's ALOT of fun, I promise you!

Activities for SEPTEMBER F_12207150397m_77dd50a
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Activities for SEPTEMBER   Activities for SEPTEMBER Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:39 pm

I'll take that as a "ZOMGzz!!!11one Iz cann0ts waitz!"
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Activities for SEPTEMBER   Activities for SEPTEMBER Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 12:05 am

Uhhmm...my birthday is on the 29th? o.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activities for SEPTEMBER   Activities for SEPTEMBER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Activities for SEPTEMBER
Page 1 of 1