Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]

Go down 
+9
Kursed
RyuOni
Roger
Tom
∞Hana∞
KariAlkia
Hali
JimJam
R (Ryuzaki)
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JimJam
4th Seat
4th Seat
JimJam

The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:11 am

Tom ^^ wrote:
If it's just a debating free-for-all then the structure of the debate will be lost in the sheer volume of people speaking and it'll devolve into chaos.

That'll happen, regardless XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jeimii12
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:12 am

I think the most interesting thing will just be seeing who joins which side, not the debate itself.
Back to top Go down
JimJam
4th Seat
4th Seat
JimJam

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:13 am

Tom ^^ wrote:
I think the most interesting thing will just be seeing who joins which side, not the debate itself.
No one will wanna take part if it's gonna be confusing, which it certainly sounds from my viewpoint
Back to top Go down
KariAlkia
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
KariAlkia

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:15 am

Yeah im confused already >.<
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/karialkia
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:18 am

This is more advice then anything else but whatever happens do not let Matthew Barrow (newcomer next week) be a speaker as he is very opinionated and as such will counter argue all disagreements with "shut up or i'll kill you"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
KariAlkia
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
KariAlkia

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:20 am

who? and yeah shut up or i'll kill you is about all we're going to hear T_T i mean one bad word on Furuba and jam-chan stabs you in the eye with a pencil
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:22 am

Matt is the guy who i was talking too last thursday with you and kirsty
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
KariAlkia
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
KariAlkia

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:24 am

Oh him... he seemed like the person who could take a debate very seriously
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:54 am

The reason that the rules not holding up is because of short-attention-spanned idiots who thinks that a quick-commented reference to an anime is instantly funny out of context which brings people off topic then people spiral into their own sub-topics which breaks people from one group in a talk into several clusters in a natter. Like it was said before, if you don't want to debate- MATURELY- then GTFO. When this debate happens and someone's disrupting everyone else, they WILL be told to get out of the room, or leave the club altogether (for that evening), if they don't like it- tough, it's their own fault.

Yes, we're an Anime and Manga club- and so we should do everything that involves it, which involves a talk (referred to as a debate for ease of use) on what people like, why and giving good examples (Sorry to sound educational here, but; Point. Example. Comment.) Just because we're Otaku (some more than others) doesn't mean we lose all maturity. It's those immature people who distract the others. 20-something people can easily talk in a civilised manner without a racket going on in the background.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:31 am

Daveish wrote:
This is more advice then anything else but whatever happens do not let Matthew Barrow (newcomer next week) be a speaker as he is very opinionated and as such will counter argue all disagreements with "shut up or i'll kill you"

Yeah he'll take it seriously, but he should be ok as long as we keep him away from politics (which he will inevitably bring up)
Back to top Go down
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:15 am

Oh gosh.. Scary people! xp makes me want to start going to the gym...

OKAY! Who suggested Debates anyway when I was planning the activities?! o_o The only thing that annoys me is that people don't say anything about the activities till on the night! Seriously >_< why do you think I tell you all what we're going to be doing?! I tell you so that you can tell me if you think its good/bad/worse etc. so come on, help me out a little with this, kay? n_n *dislikes making decisions as it is*

I'm thinking debates aren't going to go down too well.. sooo to save tears/fallingsouts etc any better suggestions for what to do?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:11 pm

Like i've said before and Luke's just said if you're not going to join in and to it sensibly, you can leave. We're already on the verge of banning people entirely (no naming). If next week goes tits up, don't expect mr nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Kimbob
4th Seat
4th Seat
Kimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:29 pm

Kursed wrote:

OKAY! Who suggested Debates anyway when I was planning the activities?! o_o The only thing that annoys me is that people don't say anything about the activities till on the night! Seriously >_< why do you think I tell you all what we're going to be doing?! I tell you so that you can tell me if you think its good/bad/worse etc. so come on, help me out a little with this, kay? n_n *dislikes making decisions as it is*

I'm thinking debates aren't going to go down too well.. sooo to save tears/fallingsouts etc any better suggestions for what to do?

Reading all this i was actually about to make that comment myself. Everyone got that email. No one had a problem. Suddenly Richard says something because like others he's sick of all the total lack of order and people doing what the hell they like- lookie there, people have a problem with it.

Is it really too much to ask for people to tone it down a bit? *cough*JAMIE*cough* Or do you have to be treated like five year olds and no one talks till everyones silent? I get its a loud group, and its gonna be boring to ask for ABSOLUTE silence (although you really should be capable of it), but seriously, you dont need to raise your voice to have a conversation with the person next to you, and instead of SHOUTING ACROSS THE ROOM, get of your arse and walk, its not that hard -___-''

Quote: Jenna! Jenna! JENNA! *sigh/rolls eyes* JENNA!

Sorry if it seems im focusing on you a lot jamie, i dont mean too, but your kinda like the catalist that sets everyone else off, and usually its your voice i can hear screaming in the backgroud. Dont take it personally *pats*
Back to top Go down
∞Hana∞
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
∞Hana∞

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:28 pm

Kursed wrote:

I liked my idea of Twister :3 XD MEGA ULTRA TWister :3
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:36 pm

Nanashi wrote:
Kursed wrote:

I liked my idea of Twister :3 XD MEGA ULTRA TWister :3

YESYESYES!
twister!!!
and that shooting thing pixie was on about
lets just have a big game night ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:32 pm

Kimbob wrote:
you dont need to raise your voice to have a conversation with the person next to you

Did on Monday

Though, that could because I apparently have piss-poor hearing.

Edit:
What was this email? I didn't get one.
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:44 pm

Tom wrote:

Edit:
What was this email? I didn't get one.

Thank you for reminding me! >_< I don't think I read what your email address was properly *terrible at making out people's handwritting* but the email basically had a link to the thread with October's Activities and a link to the thread with the Halloween Party, so you didn't miss much xp
Back to top Go down
Kimbob
4th Seat
4th Seat
Kimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:59 am

Vikkiii wrote:
YESYESYES!
twister!!!
and that shooting thing pixie was on about
lets just have a big game night ^_^

Although a debate did sound interesting, a games night does sound like loads more fun ^____^ If we go ahead with the debate or something else, i think games night should be re-scedualed cause everyone would have a good time... Thinking about it reminds me of rainy days at hereford sat in the hall playing connect 4 XD
Back to top Go down
JimJam
4th Seat
4th Seat
JimJam

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:30 pm

Well, sorry Kim if I /have/ to shout to get people to hear me. I was leaving at the time, and idn't want to hold others back as it was.
And I'm sorry if people decide they're going to sit there and do sod-all all night *cough*KIM*cough*. It's a /social/ club, and I'm sorry for being social. I'll take a page out of your book and sit there and mope, shall I? Sorry if it seems like I'm leaning more on to you, but I prefer to be a catalyst to talk my mind.

And anyway. Screw Richard, and screw why everyone's complaining. Kirsty made this club, it wouldn't /exist/ without her prior thinking about doing something that people who enjoy anime can do. It's up to her what we do, because she's the one that came up with the idea in the first place.
So everyone stop bitching and just do a big game's night or whatever she's suggesting. Sure, Twister doesn't have a lot to do with anime, but that can be sorted out later.

Finally... *cough / long pause due to aching hands TT^TT*
Alex-J wrote:
Like i've said before and Luke's just said if you're not going to join in and to it sensibly, you can leave. We're already on the verge of banning people entirely (no naming). If next week goes tits up, don't expect mr nice.

Okay, I'm gonna be honest here. Debates are boring. People are inevitably going to lose interest if they'd prefer not to go up and state their point. It's human nature to let their mind wander (and sometimes their mouth) when they're bored. That's how we show we're not having a good time.
And I never /once/ remember getting an email/ seeing anywhere we would be doing a debate. Sure, it was on the forums, but I only check here randomly, I'm not glued here constantly checking for updates.

And come on, we all know who's been on the verge of being banned, it's not rocket science to figure out someone with a bigger personality (*cough* and mouth *cough*) sometimes dominates etc. things, but I can't exactly help it, it's who I am, so if you'd prefer me not to be there, so be it.
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:01 pm

Jeimi T_T.. I hope I never get on the wrong side of you.. ever..
I have no idea why you don't receive the emails though.. o_o *checks* it says it was sent to you and your email address is correct.. *shrugs*

I think we should all just put this behind us and turn over a new leaf! n_n just think.. all these posts in this topic could have been in the shipping thread T_T
Back to top Go down
Taya
Training for Bankai
Training for Bankai
Taya

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:17 pm

um... can we just stick to what Kirsty had planned...?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/5201314gravitation
KariAlkia
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
KariAlkia

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:23 pm

... you were in the hall when it rained at hereford O_O since when were you allowed in the hall... i lived for five years trying to find places to stay dry T_T

O_o people were about to be banned??? who? why? god im like a zombie at the club lately or too hyper on energy drinks to notice anything. Fuuuuu
Back to top Go down
Jenbo
In the Academy
In the Academy
Jenbo

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:02 am

Is Richard like, a 'person of power' of this club now? He seems to be getting very authoritive lately.
Back to top Go down
Jenbo
In the Academy
In the Academy
Jenbo

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:04 am

Taya wrote:
um... can we just stick to what Kirsty had planned...?

I don't see what's wrong with that. If people don't wanna do it they don't have to-just go sit somewhere else and read or something, it's why we have a manga library right?

edit: MY BAD! double posted. I forgot I was on the same thread lmao *sweatdrop*
Back to top Go down
JimJam
4th Seat
4th Seat
JimJam

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:06 am

Jenbo wrote:
Is Richard like, a 'person of power' of this club now? He seems to be getting very authoritive lately.

No, Jenna, he got a whiff of power after bursting into dramatic tears on Monday and decided to pounce and make himself queen of the world because he's a brown-noser
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]   The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Debate (13th Oct.) [PLEASE READ!!!]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next