Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good News & We Need Your Help!

Go down 
+13
∞Hana∞
Livvy
Croft
David
Karly
Kimbob
Kursed
RyuOni
Beth
Tom
Vikkiii
Roger
Hali
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:12 pm

RyuOni wrote:
Beth wrote:
-pokes B- That looks promising, then agian its a church hall thinger, what do we know about that one?

Not a clue, but there are numbers and addresses on there and it (obviously) shows the location, so we have the 3 mains we need. All we need now is the time to go down and visit them, with a list of what facilities are available.

Oh, one thing that is known about it, is that it's like...REALLY close to Abbi's house, so if it turns out to be a perfect place and she's been holding out on us, I'm gonna have to spank that blonde bimbo's bubble butt.

Isn't the current place like 100 yards away from Abbi's house?
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Tom wrote:
RyuOni wrote:
Beth wrote:
-pokes B- That looks promising, then agian its a church hall thinger, what do we know about that one?

Not a clue, but there are numbers and addresses on there and it (obviously) shows the location, so we have the 3 mains we need. All we need now is the time to go down and visit them, with a list of what facilities are available.

Oh, one thing that is known about it, is that it's like...REALLY close to Abbi's house, so if it turns out to be a perfect place and she's been holding out on us, I'm gonna have to spank that blonde bimbo's bubble butt.

Isn't the current place like 100 yards away from Abbi's house?

There are 2 venues that are within a minute's walking distance from abbi's house, and the one that we use now is A on the map, we're referring to B.
Back to top Go down
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:18 pm

That church is about 20 yards away from Abbi's x__x

What we need to do is write a list of possible places + contact numbers. Post them here or PM them to me. I'll ring them ask about prices etc, if it all sounds good, I have next week off so I can go visit them next week. There's no need to kick up a fuss with Howard because we have no where else to go yet.

When we have a few good places lined up, we need to make sure everyone that comes to the club will be able to make it to the new venue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:25 pm

I've just asked my mom now and she said the first place I thought of aswell. St. Andrew's Church hall on St. Peter's avenue. It's where I used to teach karate, and where my little brother went to boy's brigade (or whatever he went to) but yeah....it's in cleethorpes, but like I said before, I think cleethorpes is a more likely place to find a venue (this is not a biased view.)
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Kimbob wrote:
Can I just point out that I think its stupid to move our club just cause some guy fucks up every now and then... >.>'' I get that hes a horrible old man but i just dont think its a good enough reason to move the entire club x.X''

I mean, its convinient for everyone that its in Freeman Street and no one has any problems getting there. Maybe we could see how it goes now that someones actually spoken to him about it properly? o.o

It may be that, but let me put it to you this way Kim. You buy somthing from me, and everytime you want to use the thing you bought from me I randomly take it off you and give it to someone else and give you something that isn't as good as you bought. Then every now and then I come up to you and go "no, you can't use it like that" even though it works perfectly the way you are using it.

Now the choice, would you rather me nag at you and take the thing off you, or give the thing back and get something else?

Though I think we should have a word with the old bastard first, to see if he will back off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:35 pm

Alex-J wrote:

It may be that, but let me put it to you this way Kim. You buy somthing from me, and everytime you want to use the thing you bought from me I randomly take it off you and give it to someone else and give you something that isn't as good as you bought. Then every now and then I come up to you and go "no, you can't use it like that" even though it works perfectly the way you are using it.

Now the choice, would you rather me nag at you and take the thing off you, or give the thing back and get something else?

Though I think we should have a word with the old bastard first, to see if he will back off.

This is a little different Alex.. change that 'giving something' to 'renting your apartment', that's what it's more like. Well that's what it is, we are renting his room.

Anyway.. Cleethorpes does look like the best bet.. but then.. it'll be Cleethorpes Anime and Manga Club.. CYAAM Ha ha.. cyaam.. wait.. no it'll just be caam..
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Well, not really. As cleethorpes is IN grimsby. Grimsby is a town, cleethorpes isn't. So cleethorpes is IN Grimsby.

Like from where I'm from, Skellow and Carcroft are IN doncaster. They're not seperate.
Back to top Go down
Kimbob
4th Seat
4th Seat
Kimbob

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Oh I see your point Alex, but i still think we should see how it goes first. Like i said, it might get better now that we've said something

Quote :

Also, just to point out, Kirsty also made this point and Alex you also said it yourself last night, no use getting pissed at him if we have no place to go. If you plan to talk to him, be firm but polite, y'know?
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:45 pm

Kimbob wrote:
Also, just to point out, Kirsty also made this point and Alex you also said it yourself last night, no use getting pissed at him if we have no place to go. If you plan to talk to him, be firm but polite, y'know?

You got the wrong meaning of what Alex said last night. He said complain AFTER you've got somewhere else to go. It's like with jobs. Don't quit your current job that you hate until you have another one lined up right after (guarranteed).
Back to top Go down
Kimbob
4th Seat
4th Seat
Kimbob

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:48 pm

RyuOni wrote:
Kimbob wrote:

You got the wrong meaning of what Alex said last night. He said complain AFTER you've got somewhere else to go. It's like with jobs. Don't quit your current job that you hate until you have another one lined up right after (guarranteed).

Dude thats basically what I just said x.X''
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:48 pm

Thats what I meant ^^;

Also, pingas

Last edited by Alex-J on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:49 pm

RyuOni wrote:
Well, not really. As cleethorpes is IN grimsby. Grimsby is a town, cleethorpes isn't. So cleethorpes is IN Grimsby.

Like from where I'm from, Skellow and Carcroft are IN doncaster. They're not seperate.

Cleethorpes is a town. It has it's own town hall, own MP *lists*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleethorpes
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:50 pm

*ahem* Kirsty, keep reading.

/quotes/
Absorption by Grimsby

Cleethorpes successfully resisted attempts by Grimsby to absorb it and in 1974 it became the Borough of Cleethorpes within the new county of Humberside. However when Humberside was abolished in 1996, Cleethorpes was merged with Grimsby as the unitary authority of North East Lincolnshire.

/End Quote/

Come on, apology plox.
Back to top Go down
Kimbob
4th Seat
4th Seat
Kimbob

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:52 pm

RyuOni wrote:

/quotes/
Absorption by Grimsby

Cleethorpes successfully resisted attempts by Grimsby to absorb it and in 1974 it became the Borough of Cleethorpes within the new county of Humberside. However when Humberside was abolished in 1996, Cleethorpes was merged with Grimsby as the unitary authority of North East Lincolnshire.

/End Quote/

Come on, apology plox.

Even I was like 'whats Luke on about? Its completely different' xD
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:53 pm

RyuOni wrote:

/quotes/
Absorption by Grimsby

/End Quote/

Come on, apology plox.

Ha ha, but it still has a different MP to Grimsby.. *stands up for Cleethorpes pride*
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:53 pm

No it's not. Cleethorpes is known as the area, but it is absorbed by Grimsby as in it is INSIDE grimsby. There is no need for a name change from GYAAM.
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Yes it does o_o Oh gosh.. if Will was here, Shona is his idol.

But anyway, I don't think it would feel right.. I mean, my uncle and Leigh (and even myself) laugh at things like this D=
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Kursed wrote:

But anyway, I don't think it would feel right.. I mean, my uncle and Leigh (and even myself) laugh at things like this D=

What the hell are you on about? Shona who? What wouldn't feel right? And laugh at what?
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:08 pm

RyuOni wrote:
Kursed wrote:

What the hell are you on about? Shona who? What wouldn't feel right? And laugh at what?

Elementary my dear Watson, Will (brother type person thing) takes great pride in politics. He admires Shona McIsaac (MP for Cleethorpes). It wouldn't feel right to me having the Grimsby club located in Cleethorpes.. it's one of those things we laugh at, you know, when you see the Edinburg Chippy in Newcastle, makes you "O_o wth?! LOL"
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:11 pm

*quotes again from Wikipedia* Cleethorpes does not have its own town council, however the nine councillors form the Charter Trustees of the Town of Cleethorpes. *end quote*

The reason why cleethorpes is classed as seperate and is run by different people is because it's a seaside resort, and people from grimsby council wouldn't be able to run it properly because it requires it's own attention, to keep business coming in from places such as Doncaster.
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:15 pm

HOWS ABOUT YOU BOTH HUSH AND STOP ARGUING? KTHXBAI
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:17 pm

In the people's eyes, it's a seperate place. *does a library survey*
Back to top Go down
Kimbob
4th Seat
4th Seat
Kimbob

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Alex-J wrote:
HOWS ABOUT YOU BOTH HUSH AND STOP ARGUING? KTHXBAI

No offense but you dont need to butt in like that, they werent even arguing x.X

Its more a friendly game to see who can own the other <3
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:23 pm

Mmmm Cool I like the word 'own'...
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:27 pm

That's because you're all local residents and WOULD find it different. Whereas the people who came her for the beach, ie from doncaster- such as myself- find it to be the same thing. And the fact of Cleethorpes being absorbed by Grimsby (undeniable fact) is all the more reason to base this point. Think of it like an egg.
The yolk is surrounded by the white, but they're both in the egg.
Yolk being Cleethorpes, White being Grimsby. Egg shell being the boundary between Grimsby and other areas (like immingham, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good News & We Need Your Help!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next