Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good News & We Need Your Help!

Go down 
+13
∞Hana∞
Livvy
Croft
David
Karly
Kimbob
Kursed
RyuOni
Beth
Tom
Vikkiii
Roger
Hali
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

Good News & We Need Your Help! Empty
PostSubject: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:10 am

Good work everyone!

We made over £200!!!! (I think it was £237?). Myself, Lee and maybe Rowan are going to chip in to help boost it to £300+ so we can get our badass projector which can play HD.

Great work on the cakes, sweets and lanterns stall, which made over £100! (we should do this stall again sometime, hint hint).

It was nice to see people bring friends and family to help toward the cause, that shows true dedication to the club (you would all get medals if I could afford them).

With other things aside, tonight went really well!

Now to the bit we need help with.

We kind of need to start looking for a new place to host the club, as Howard (guy who owns the building) has been quite the wanker toward Kirsty and the club for a long time.
Tonight he didn't tell us about having blood donations going on in THE ROOMS WE (FUCKING) PAY FOR, and shoved us into the smallest room there is. We wouldn't be too angry if he had told us a few weeks in advance, as that would give us time to re-schedule everything. Tonight he proceeded to be impolite, and constantly say that we were too loud. Well i'm sorry but if you want to shove us into a tiny fucking room when we payed for a big one, go fist yourself Howard.

Anyway, what we need to look for is somewhere which is: easily accessable for all, in a safe area, has wi-fi, and renting the room costing around £20-£30 ish a night (wi-fi isn't 100% needed, but would be nice and helpful for us all), can be used at roughly the same times + day as we use it now and can hold at least 25 people.

PS: Kirsty could you edit anything wrong with stats that I put (don't change my rant about Howard XP)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:22 am

i don't know how much it would cost but i think theres a room in the central libary that can be rented out or if people were willing to travel to cleethorpes theres a function room above the fancy dress shop

or theres Grimsby Town Hall, i'm guessing it wants to be somewhere for monday nights still

Last edited by Daveish on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:32 am

Alex-J wrote:
(you would all get medals if I could afford them).
i still havent got my chew bar
*sets evil icicle turtles onto you ¬_¬*

and were getting this room for like 23 quid a night and kirsty still makes a loss some weeks so maybe something abit cheaper that 35-40 quid???
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:48 am

I'll get in touch with Steve, he's in charge of Real Deal Wrestling, which is run locally - he's done shows and training sessions in half of the venues in the area, so he should know some good ones.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Beth

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:54 am

-scuttles to do some more reasearch before she opens her big mouth but is having a definate idea-

P.S How many people are there actually in the club?
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:59 am

About 20 (on a good night) isn't there?
Back to top Go down
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:12 am

Thank you Alex! n____n I was just about to post this (excluding the Howard rant >_<). And Thank you sooo much everyone! You all did a fantastic job! =D

I'll get the exact amount we raised posted tonight.

There's 25 on a good night usually, 18/20 on a not so good night. I'm happy to make any phone calls/visits to places, just tell me where to go!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:49 pm

Why dont we rent out playtowers each week and use that, it would be epic!!! xD
Back to top Go down
Beth
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Beth

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:57 pm

Ha ha ha...Play towers rawks..

-seconds Vikki's suggestion!-
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:07 pm

It would be difficult for people to get there and back, but if we count places in cleethorpes, I can find some places, easily. There's loads of little halls (by little, I mean about the same size, or bigger as our usual room in Room 1), and church's that rent out their space.
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:14 pm

I don't wanna go in a church
it'd just be blates defiance, at least i dont mind being loud and stuft at this place- i mean who would witht hat fucktard Howard in charge
Back to top Go down
Beth
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Beth

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:16 pm

I am pretty sure we were joking X3

A room in Cleethorpes might not matter, it depends really how does everyone usually get to the club?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:20 pm

cleethorpes is a better place for spaces to rent i think but grimsby is more local and easier for people to get to
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:23 pm

Well, I've already found some using google maps, but I know that it only has a few places (cause I can see some aren't there which I've used for Karate) but yeah, here are some LINKZORZ and you can see that it's more likely for a place in cleethorpes, as there's only 2 more on/near freeman street, compared to the 5 in cleethorpes. I'm not even counting F because it's wayyy too far out.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Beth

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:28 pm

-pokes B- That looks promising, then agian its a church hall thinger, what do we know about that one?
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Beth wrote:
-pokes B- That looks promising, then agian its a church hall thinger, what do we know about that one?

Not a clue, but there are numbers and addresses on there and it (obviously) shows the location, so we have the 3 mains we need. All we need now is the time to go down and visit them, with a list of what facilities are available.

Oh, one thing that is known about it, is that it's like...REALLY close to Abbi's house, so if it turns out to be a perfect place and she's been holding out on us, I'm gonna have to spank that blonde bimbo's bubble butt.
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:45 pm

Grimsbys much better cause its like a central meet for people on the nunny and cleethorpes

WERE GOING TO THE MASONIC HALL
CAUSE KIRSTY WORKS THERE Wink
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:50 pm

Vikkiii wrote:
Grimsbys much better cause its like a central meet for people on the nunny and cleethorpes

WERE GOING TO THE MASONIC HALL
CAUSE KIRSTY WORKS THERE Wink

It's too far out.....!
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:55 pm

What and Cleethorpes isnt :/
Remember Luke we've got people from like the nunny and stuff
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Yeah, it's too far out with no reasonable sort of transport. At least on freeman street and in cleethorpes there are bus stops which drop you off less than 5 minutes walk to whichever hall.
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:33 pm

Luke has a point. The 13 goes through nunsthorpe and all the way through cleethorpes toward the sea front and then back on itself. Also the number 9 goes from Waltham all the way through Scartho, Grimsby, Cleethorpes then changes to the number 8 and goes through New Waltham (I went on this magical 1 hour bus journey to skip lesson once, it was awesome). So no where is really out of the way.... Unless it isn't near Grimsby, AKA Louth, Laceby, etc etc...

I just had a thought! Maybe Howard is a pedophile! Maybe he let us come to his building in hopes he could bed a 14 year old, and is now angry at Kirsty, because she wont give him some puss-ay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Alex-J wrote:
I just had a thought! Maybe Howard is a pedophile! Maybe he let us come to his building in hopes he could bed a 14 year old, and is now angry at Kirsty, because she wont give him some puss-ay.

...KIRSTY PUT OUT NAO. He might reserve the whole building for us then n_n
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:04 pm

=_____________________=
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
Kimbob
4th Seat
4th Seat
Kimbob

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:06 pm

Can I just point out that I think its stupid to move our club just cause some guy fucks up every now and then... >.>'' I get that hes a horrible old man but i just dont think its a good enough reason to move the entire club x.X''

I mean, its convinient for everyone that its in Freeman Street and no one has any problems getting there. Maybe we could see how it goes now that someones actually spoken to him about it properly? o.o
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:12 pm

Kimbob wrote:
Can I just point out that I think its stupid to move our club just cause some guy fucks up every now and then... >.>'' I get that hes a horrible old man but i just dont think its a good enough reason to move the entire club x.X''

I mean, its convinient for everyone that its in Freeman Street and no one has any problems getting there. Maybe we could see how it goes now that someones actually spoken to him about it properly? o.o

Really, we need something that has a slightly larger area, preferably wi-fi, and actually decent facilities without being told to shut the fuck up every now n then, it's annoying. A new venue is the logical choice (and also, it's not just about the blood donor thingy, he's a general twat)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good News & We Need Your Help!   Good News & We Need Your Help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good News & We Need Your Help!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next