Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2nd February Fundraiser! n____n

Go down 
+6
Hali
Roger
Courtney
Tom
RyuOni
Kursed
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Empty
PostSubject: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:38 pm

"This coming Monday (2nd of February) will be the day of our first fundraiser! Invite your friends, family (and any random rich hobos you might come arcoss) along. They don't need to be anime/manga fans and they don't even have to know what anime/manga is, they just need to come with a mind ready for fun and a pocket full of money xp;;

Monday 2nd February
7:00pm till 10:00pm (Don't need to send the whole time there, can just pop in if that's all they want)
Grimsby Central Hall (the usually club meeting place).

Okay, I'm thinking I better outline exactly what's in store.. basically, typical school fair type 'thing'. So far we have planned:

Raffle
Guess How Many Jelly Beans Are In The Jar
Guess The Teddy's Name (x2, 1 = typical teddy names, 2 = japanese names)
Ice-cold sponge throwing at an unlucky victim! (Joel/Tom?)
Pin the tail on the Mudkip (Hannah)
Photos with the cosplayers and maid (Dale)
Penny Toss
DDR Face Off (if anyone has 2 mats and the games that they could bring along?)
Male leg waxing! (Tom/Nathan?)
Nail Art (Laura)
Hair cutting (Jase)
Face painting (Rowan)
Guess the age (Kim, Matt)

On sale:
Cakes (feel free to bake anything, biscuits/cakes/pie etc and bring them along to sell)
Lanterns (by Taya?)
Anime/Manga Book Marks
Jumble (bring along any random stuff you don't want anymore)
Art (by Laura?)

Okay, that's what we've got lined up so far (we'll need your help with taking turns to run each stall/stand) if you have any ideas/suggestions/requests PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP and/or post here.

Also, if anyone has any of the following that they could bring please let me know by Sunday (at the latest):

Paddling pool
Protective sheet (to protect the wall and go behind the paddling pool)
Blind Folds
Banner? o_O
Tripod
Table cloths
Duck Tape
Sponges
Bucket

And if you have any thing to sell, just bring that along and if it would be great if as many of you as possible was in cosplay/dressed up n___n Buuut don't worry about that too much.

Fingers crossed it'll be a great night!"

Oooh.. yeah.. xp bring along your own money too, to spend! XP £300GET!

Okay, thoughts/feelings/ideas/suggestions etc. POST NOW! XP

Last edited by Kursed on Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:57 pm

Too soon, wdf?! It came out of nowhere O.o
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:01 pm

x___x I did tell everyone on monday.. we could push it forward to the 9th of February.. *thinks*
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:03 pm

Yeah, one week's notice isn't nearly enough. And this monday is also the barge night, so money would be short for some of the members that're spending it on alcomaholz
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:06 pm

I think I just had a flashforward.. OKAY! POLL!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:28 am

Are there any showers or anything at Central Hall? 'cause if not then I'd rather it be water balloons then veg/eggs
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Tom wrote:
Are there any showers or anything at Central Hall? 'cause if not then I'd rather it be water balloons then veg/eggs

Yeah.. let's just make it water balloons.. eggs are messy..
Back to top Go down
Courtney
4th Seat
4th Seat
Courtney

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:44 pm

I think waterballoons would be better too. Or wet sponges.

Also, my parents seem to trust me with the kitchen so I might bake some cookies or malteser loaf. And if you've never had malteser loaf then you will have to buy some.

The only problem is I'm going to have to REMEMBER to tell everyone that the fundraiser has moved, me and Olivia got about 4-5 people to agree (IN NO WAY DID WE THREATEN OR TIE THEM UP 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Shhh) to come. But I'm sure it will be all alright.

Also, if any can be found how about we get some fortune cookies to sell?
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:10 pm

Choccy wrote:
I think waterballoons would be better too. Or wet sponges.

Also, my parents seem to trust me with the kitchen so I might bake some cookies or malteser loaf. And if you've never had malteser loaf then you will have to buy some.

The only problem is I'm going to have to REMEMBER to tell everyone that the fundraiser has moved, me and Olivia got about 4-5 people to agree (IN NO WAY DID WE THREATEN OR TIE THEM UP 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Shhh) to come. But I'm sure it will be all alright.

Also, if any can be found how about we get some fortune cookies to sell?

Wet sponges?! =o Right, WET SPONGES IT IS! Fortune cookies? Consider it done Cool I'm sure we can find some *raids chinese take-away*

Ha ha! well if you forget to tell them, we can 'play' with them at the club on monday instead ;D and brain wash them into coming again the next week for the fundraiser!
Back to top Go down
Courtney
4th Seat
4th Seat
Courtney

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:34 pm

I think Sainsbury's sell fortune cookies but I'm not sure. Hey, maybe ASDA sell them Very Happy

But yeah I just think wet sponges would be easier because you only have to have a bucket of nice freezing cold water and a few sponges rather than having to buy loads of balloons and fill them.
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:03 pm

O___O YES! Excellent thinking! So, we'll have a bucket of icy water *goes to buy ice* and sponges .. yeah.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Courtney
4th Seat
4th Seat
Courtney

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:13 pm

Oh I'm so dead. If anyone asks: in no way, shape or form was it my idea to have icy water Suspect

And I saw someone say something about a swear jar, I think that would be good.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:15 pm

i'm not sure but isn't there a chinese/aisan food shop on freemo that sells fortune cookies
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:17 pm

There is indeed!

Yeah, I think we shall do a swear jar! XP Doesn't anyone want to be the stick bearer? (the person that walks around with a stick.. poking people who swear into coughing up their money)
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:26 pm

Kursed wrote:
the person that walks around with a stick.. poking people who swear into coughing up their money

Most likely Abbi, she likes bugging people for their money, and giving her a stick will only further her ambitions.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:37 pm

or alex as then once the swear jar goes he could turn it into his ban stick of doom
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:20 pm

Daveish wrote:
or alex as then once the swear jar goes he could turn it into his ban stick of doom

Sadly, I upgraded the stick to a hammer =/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:05 am

is it a sledge hammer?
Back to top Go down
∞Hana∞
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
∞Hana∞

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:17 am

XD lol the ban sledge hammer of doom
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:17 am

Nah, just a ban hammer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Beth
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Beth

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:42 pm

Its proabaly a good thing you moved it actually considering the weather next week, that said I dont think it will be much better the week after either, but never mind eh

-polishes sledge- I'm ready...
Back to top Go down
harlequin-hoody
4th Seat
4th Seat
harlequin-hoody

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:58 pm

snow angels r inevitable
Back to top Go down
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:25 pm

snow penises
Back to top Go down
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:43 am

Waterballoons?

You realize we're forecast snow, don't you?
This means we won't be using them outdoors and if you're using them indoors around sensitive equipment, you'll be booted.

I get the feeling the 9th is going to be awful.
I'll hand over a tenner to compliment my previous donation so it sits at thirty and I call that my contribution.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:34 am

That's a good point, how much of this have the building people actually oked?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd February Fundraiser! n____n   2nd February Fundraiser! n____n Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd February Fundraiser! n____n
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next