Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!

Go down 
+8
Beth
Osaka
Hali
Vikkiii
Roger
RyuOni
∞Hana∞
Kursed
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Empty
PostSubject: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:28 am

"Matt Lewis, a member of Conservative Future, boasted that his "bad taste party outfit" included a blonde wig, pink pyjamas, a teddy bear and a vial of fake blood.

Other figures from the same organisation joined in the tasteless joke about the missing girl in exchanges on a social networking website.

One asked Mr Lewis: "Is this a cunning Baldrick style plan to obtain the reward money?"

Another friend of Mr Lewis said he planned to dress up as Robert Murat, the man who was wrongly accused of complicity in Madeleine's disappearance.

And others suggested going as the wife and daughter of Josef Fritzl, who were kept imprisoned in a cellar in Amstetten, Austria.

On New Year's Day, after the party, Mr Lewis sent a message to another Conservative Future member which said: "There was a brief moment when I thought I might have gone too far with elements of the costume but it was OK - someone else was Baby P."

Mr Lewis, who is believed to be in his early 20s and a student at Queen Mary, University of London, refused to take telephone calls after details of his antics emerged.

He resigned as chairman of the Staffordshire branch of Conservative Future last month in protest at internal reforms. The organisation includes all members of the Conservative Party under 30 and has 15,000 across the country.

Images on its website show Mr Lewis campaigning with David Cameron at last year's Crewe and Nantwich by-election.

Tory chairman Caroline Spelman said: "This offensive behaviour is not only shocking but intolerable and completely unacceptable. There is no place for this sort of person in the party."

Sources said similar swift action may be taken against other young Conservatives who attended the bad taste party or posted messages about it on the internet.

Madeleine McCann went missing while on holiday with her family in Portugal in May 2007 when she was three-years-old. She has yet to be found despite a massive worldwide hunt.

Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry McCann, demanded an apology from Mr Lewis.

He said: "The offensiveness of this activist's actions is almost beyond belief. It is a complete disgrace that Madeleine's name and image should be made fun of in this way."

A leading Tory youth activist apologised "unreservedly" to Kate and Gerry McCann after dressing up as their missing daughter at a New Year's party.

Mr Lewis said: "I completely regret my behaviour that night and since, and cannot express how sorry I am for the incredible hurt I have caused.

"Whilst my actions were not meant to be malicious, I fully understand the pain they have brought." "

-http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/4209451/Young-Tory-dressed-up-as-Madeleine-McCann-for-New-Year-bad-taste-bash.html

*slaps wrist* I lol'd x____x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
∞Hana∞
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
∞Hana∞

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:36 am

I lol'd too XD
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:33 am

I think people need to lighten up- it's called a "Bad Taste Party" for a reason. No-one gets told off for dressing like michael jackson.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:24 pm

It really is a great shame when people can't make a joke like this without being shunned, its almost like the whole prince harry dressing as hitler thing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:29 pm

That being said..
Quote :
"There was a brief moment when I thought I might have gone too far with elements of the costume but it was OK - someone else was Baby P."

Going as Baby P is just a little over the top x_x

I love how when I heard it on the news my Grandma was saying how sick and twisted it was and didn't know how anyone could find it funny.. xp;; *dies* *sends Grandma to 4chan*
Back to top Go down
∞Hana∞
∞Hana∞

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Daveish wrote:
It really is a great shame when people can't make a joke like this without being shunned, its almost like the whole prince harry dressing as hitler thing
I lol'd at the hilter thing XD its like fucking hell lighten up people D8
I thought it was funny
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Daveish wrote:
The thing is hitler was a knob noone liked, this is about a girl whose been taken and shes only 4, everyone takes the piss out of hitler cause he was -out of his own choice- a complete wanker, madelines a 4 year old girl who didnt actually do anything wrong...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 5:29 pm

What's the difference between Maddy and Pope John Paul II?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:51 pm

What's wrong with a little bad taste every now and again?

The world's hide n' seek world champion and Baby P aren't held up on some high pedistool. They aren't special or unique. Children go missing and get battered, crushed and run over by tanks on a regular basis.

The truth is that 99% of the time we don't want to fucking hear about it because we want to get on with our lives.

What's sick is that the media pushes these two stories AS IF THEY WERE UNIQUE, SPECIAL OR EVEN INTERESTING because they HAVE NO REAL NEWS TO TELL OR THEY'RE GAGGED FOR WHATEVER "MYSTERIOUS" REASON *cough*Iraq*Cough*.

tl;dr: People mock who they bloody well please.
They don't need your approval, especially if you're dead.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:59 pm

The media do really need to learn to keep out of it when its stuff to do with missing kids and stuff because the media are then the ones to blame for the lack of safe return/death of the kid
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:32 pm

osakanone wrote:
What's wrong with a little bad taste every now and again?

The world's hide n' seek world champion and Baby P aren't held up on some high pedistool. They aren't special or unique. Children go missing and get battered, crushed and run over by tanks on a regular basis.

The truth is that 99% of the time we don't want to fucking hear about it because we want to get on with our lives.

What's sick is that the media pushes these two stories AS IF THEY WERE UNIQUE, SPECIAL OR EVEN INTERESTING because they HAVE NO REAL NEWS TO TELL OR THEY'RE GAGGED FOR WHATEVER "MYSTERIOUS" REASON *cough*Iraq*Cough*.

tl;dr: People mock who they bloody well please.
They don't need your approval, especially if you're dead.

So when someone you care about gets taken/murdered/whatever and someone whos meant to be running the country takes the piss out of it your just going to shrug it off?
cause thats just fucking heartless!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Alex-J wrote:
What's the difference between Maddy and Pope John Paul II?

Pope is still a virgin? XP *dies* I love your Madeline jokes Alex..

I do think dressing up as Baby P is over the top though.. seriously, why would you? o_O Can the Baby P situation even be made funny or laughable? I don't think it can but feel free to try. Whereas Madeline, well just turn to Alex xp

Baby P = Child that was severally beaten, neglected and as a result killed.

Madeline = Child with a 'mysterious' disappearence in a foreign land.

The two are very different.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Beth

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:25 pm

I think everything gets blown out of context by the Media these days, they pray on fears and hype crap up, make up their own 'facts'. Basically anything to make a profit.

It's just a politcal jab, if this guy had not been part of the Conservative party would anyone honestly care? Its a simple and unsneaky jab, from Labour supporters trying desperately to dig up any small amount of dirt they can on the ones who are currently beating them in the polls. Personally I think it smacks of desperation that they need to target some lad who went to a private party because of his tenous connection to David Cameron.

The press need to grow up, shut up, and maybe report in an unbaised manner on things which are actually important.

-Press/Media/Journalists Make me just a bit angry X3-
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:41 pm

Beth wrote:
I think everything gets blown out of context by the Media these days, they pray on fears and hype crap up, make up their own 'facts'. Basically anything to make a profit.

It's just a politcal jab, if this guy had not been part of the Conservative party would anyone honestly care? Its a simple and unsneaky jab, from Labour supporters trying desperately to dig up any small amount of dirt they can on the ones who are currently beating them in the polls. Personally I think it smacks of desperation that they need to target some lad who went to a private party because of his tenous connection to David Cameron.

The press need to grow up, shut up, and maybe report in an unbaised manner on things which are actually important.

-Press/Media/Journalists Make me just a bit angry X3-

*nods agreeingly*

I see nothing about the guy who dressed up as Baby P.. and it's probably because he doesn't have a position in politics.. (yes, yes I am on Team Baby P if no one has guessed xp)
Back to top Go down
Guntank
4th Seat
4th Seat
Guntank

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:24 am

I'm presuming the guy dressed as Madeline decided not to sit down for the party?

Personally I think he should have gone as one of the terrorists involved in the attack on Glasgow airport, and as he burst his car through the wall and his body flies out, bursting in flames the rest of the Tories starting punching him to Death.

Or he could have gone as Richard Hammond and still drove through the wall.

OR he could've dressed up as a footballer ran over a couple of kids and burst through the wall.

OR he should've gone as footballer, with "Gazza" for the name on his back drank himself to near death and gone insane, then eventually commiting suicide.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:19 am

Don't forget Steve Irwin, with a stingray hanging out of his chest
Back to top Go down
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:53 pm

Quote :
So when someone you care about gets
taken/murdered/whatever and someone whos meant to be running the
country takes the piss out of it your just going to shrug it off?
cause thats just fucking heartless!

There is respect for the dead, naturally.

But this isn't parody of the dead. This is parody of the news reports which anthromorphisize into a character who is neither of those children which becomes an irritation in the public eye and tugs on the heart-strings of retards.

Whoop dee fucking do. One kid goes missing so you launch a full fucking thing about it. What about all the other fucking kids who go missing or get beaten the fuck to death? Where was the news THEN?

No. This is parody of the massively biased and inconsequential news who only reported it because they didn't want to talk about the fucking dossier and the "war".

If you take it hook line and fucking sinker, you live in a pretend world where this stuff is rare and hardly happens. Enjoy your manufactured ignorance.

Quote :
Don't forget Steve Irwin, with a stingray hanging out of his chest
That's funny because it's ironic. He deserved better, like being pulled under by the world's largest crock and never rising, only to return 15 years later some sort of grizzled veteran of the African wars with an AK47 gripped with fingerless gloves and a tooth of that crock hanging his neck but a few fingers missing and a nasty scar and the story that he'll go back for his fingers when he's done fighting and he'll return the favor. Rumor has it he only smiles when he's wrestling an animal that weighs more than he does to the ground and he doesn't say "Crikey!" anymore.

And all of this him returning goes unreported because there is no news in Africa but it arises as an urban legend.

Shit would be epic.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:12 am

We need to get you a swear box, Lee.
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:41 pm

Kirsty you got it wrong D:

It's "pop john paul II died a virgin"

What do maddy and a submarine have in common?

Whats blue and wiggles in the corner? Whats green and dosnt?
Back to top Go down
Guntank
4th Seat
4th Seat
Guntank

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:35 pm

Alex-J wrote:
Kirsty you got it wrong D:

It's "pop john paul II died a virgin"

What do maddy and a submarine have in common?

Whats blue and wiggles in the corner? Whats green and dosnt?

i dunno lol
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:40 am

*waits till someone knows, or posting on friday*
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:45 am

Alex-J wrote:
*waits till someone knows, or posting on friday*

Nooo! T___T Alex!!!!! Don't keep us in suspense!!!
Back to top Go down
Beth
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Beth

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:03 am

I would google the answer but I think I might end up on some sorta list if I did lol
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:08 am

lol just seen the answer to the submarine one, is awesome
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:24 pm

Delvering:

They both sit at the bottom of the ocean full of seamen.

A baby in a plastic bag. Same baby 3 weeks later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!   Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tory dressed up as Madeleine McCann for New Years!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next