Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)

Go down 
+13
Osaka
Kimbob
JimJam
Kibawolf
∞Hana∞
Pixie
Ruisu~
Roger
Fiends54
Dale(Maid)
Kursed
RyuOni
Hali
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Is it a 'manga AND ANIME club', or 'manga and lets chat for a while club'?
manga AND ANIME
Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
manga and lets chat for a while
Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:48 pm

Hmmmm i voted manga and talk because:
-there isnt one with all three options in it
-the way i see it we can watch anime at home so its good to chat about anime and manga with people, which you cant do at home
-I do actually watch the anime sometimes anyway (even ones i havent seen/heard of before, yes i didnt watch cowboy bebop but id seen that before anyway)
-Everyone has different views on what they want to do and noone says were not actually allowed to talk so why cant people do all different things, noone complained when everyone used to walk out into the spare room and not watch the anime!
so yeah.... it doesnt really bother me anyway....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
Dale(Maid)
In the Academy
In the Academy
Dale(Maid)

Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:52 pm

i voted for manga and talk cause i just felt that it was a better atmos when everyone was interacting with new people, i was talking with fiend on here in the club abit about yugioh but didnt last long unfortinatly, and we were gonna have a game but had to leave........i suppose it shud really live up to the club name but everyone has an opinion i guess
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:59 pm

Vikkiii wrote:
-the way i see it we can watch anime at home so its good to chat about anime and manga with people, which you cant do at home

Read the poll answers and try find the sarcasm ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Ruisu~
4th Seat
4th Seat
Ruisu~

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:02 pm

Why not make it into a Manga and Games Club? Then hook a games consol to the projector and play games. I'm sure people wouldn't leave then. ;3
Back to top Go down
Dale(Maid)
In the Academy
In the Academy
Dale(Maid)

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:03 pm

i wudnt if there was need for speed carbon on it, thats cuase im sad oh and COD 4 MUHUHAHA Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ruisu~
4th Seat
4th Seat
Ruisu~

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:04 pm

Strictly; None competative multiplayer games. ;3
Back to top Go down
Dale(Maid)
In the Academy
In the Academy
Dale(Maid)

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:05 pm

aww ill just play yugioh then, and maybe something else ;P
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:06 pm

Alex-J wrote:
Vikkiii wrote:

Read the poll answers and try find the sarcasm ^^

But they're way to loooonnnnnggg!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:12 pm

There are two reasons we're hurting recently:

1) The loss of the opposite room. The two "primary factions" (socialites and anime watchers) are crammed into a single room with poor results.

2) People are unwilling to get into something that isn't a carbon copy of what they haven't already seen. This is true in Japan, actually: They hate almost everything out of the norm and believe it or not, outside of a small sect of people DeathNote does very poorly despite it's comparative massive domestic success and domination of the genre. Let me elaborate on point 2...:

1) If it isn't familiar and safe, people feel unsure. You lack the confidence to extend your tastes. You feel unsafe and uninterested.

2) Some people are only here for whacky hinjinks. Other people want something a bit more ...Serious. I personally put this down to attention-spans and the fact that increasingly people are consuming anime because it is an escape from mainstream entertainment, not because they actually like what they're presented with in 99% of cases: We as consumers find niches to suit our personal needs as viewers. I'm in this boat.

3) Other people have their sexualities tied into their fandom. I won't name names but you know who you are and you sexualize a lot of fandoms. I myself am in this group. This ties in with 2

These are my findings.
Thankyou for your time.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:21 pm

I voted anime and manga.

I leave between 9 and 9:30 purely because when my lift home arrives I gotta go, sorry if that annoys any of you, but I don't really have much choice.
Back to top Go down
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:25 pm

*cue Abbi* LOVELY COMPLEX!!!!!11one
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
Allelujah Haptism
In the Academy
In the Academy
Allelujah Haptism

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:35 pm

If I could I'd vote for the Manga, Anime and chatting. For me, the club's a place to socialize with people in my age range and enjoy anime and talk about it.

Plus, I noticed we have a couple of Yu-gi-oh duelists amongst our numbers too.
Back to top Go down
Dale(Maid)
In the Academy
In the Academy
Dale(Maid)

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:36 pm

WOO MORE FOR YU-GI-OH!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
∞Hana∞
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
∞Hana∞

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:10 am

yugioh for alllll
Back to top Go down
Croft
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Croft

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:24 am

dale you rawk, cakes + cod4 8D

anywho, i vote manga+anime+chat becuase I can in my own mind <:

socializing is pretty important if youre running a club thing, and without talking/chatting I wouldnt have found out about anime/manga's ive never read or watched (thanks to hanna for saiyuki ect.) claymore and cowboy bebop havent interested me, and thats ok everyone has different tastes, but that doesnt mean that at 8.30 we should ALL sit down quietly like school children and watch it. Agreed you should maybe give it a watch for a few minutes/episodes first (I sat and watched cowboy bebop for one episode for example) but ALL PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES. lets all get along and respect each others likes or dislikes

I really dont kno wwhat the fuck im on about D: if any of the above makes sense then yeh. cookies for you c:
Back to top Go down
http://malikaa.deviantart.com
Dale(Maid)
In the Academy
In the Academy
Dale(Maid)

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:28 am

XD i like to share :3, plus i like to kill Very Happy............now im reading the manga "sola"
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:20 am

Kimbob wrote:
Why not make a forum where people get to suggest an anime to watch and post a bit about it (no spoilers, obviously), and let people talk and ask questions about which ones they're interested in, and Alex makes the choices based on how the conversations go...? That way more people are gonna be interested and get to learn about different anime, right?

Oh and about people walking out before watching the first episode, i can see your point there too, but sometimes you know you're not gonna like an anime just by watching the opening, or it can be the animation or characters that put you off, y'know? Ever tried watching five minutes of a black and white film or a black and white romance with all the dramatic music and gasping and the "CHARLES, DONT LEAVE ME, I LOVE YOU!"... yeah i reeeally cant picture you sitting there and watching that >___>'' Be kinda funny if you did though XD Sat there with popcorn, your mum next to you fast asleep, you waking her up by shouting "DONT DO IT CHARLES, DONT DO IT- ch, wanker"K, i feel like im ranting so im gonna stop now >___<

There is a forum to talk about anime and such- it's actually in the anime section, see here yes, there's a bit of random stuff but for the majority, it is on talks about specific anime.
And as for the black and white movies- I'll have you know I like to watch a lot of types of films, noir detective films are interesting because I like the narrative dialogue "she walked in like a...[yada yada yada]" I got into watching films like these from when I watched them with my grandmother when I visited her in doncaster. One film I really like is called "Pillow Talk" XD But yeah, that's off-topic info.

Ruisu~ wrote:
Why not make it into a Manga and Games Club? Then hook a games consol to the projector and play games. I'm sure people wouldn't leave then. ;3

Problem with that is, as Alex puts up with every week with his laptop and stuff- hauling around a games console and multiple games. And going home late at night, without a lift or such is a bit iffy. Personally, I've done it for pretty much every anime club night I go to- but people aren't so confident.
And while multiplayer games are good, when people get bored with them (as I know they will because we tried it before) they'll walk off, leaving one person on a multiplayer game. And it's too much hassle to switch games to a one-person one, because then someone will come in and want to play the multiplayer, so on and so forth.

But yeah, those are my responses to those. I'm glad my previous comment was deemed by most to be acceptable terms.
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:14 am

RyuOni wrote:
Ruisu~ wrote:

Problem with that is, as Alex puts up with every week with his laptop and stuff- hauling around a games console and multiple games. And going home late at night, without a lift or such is a bit iffy. Personally, I've done it for pretty much every anime club night I go to- but people aren't so confident.
And while multiplayer games are good, when people get bored with them (as I know they will because we tried it before) they'll walk off, leaving one person on a multiplayer game. And it's too much hassle to switch games to a one-person one, because then someone will come in and want to play the multiplayer, so on and so forth.

But yeah, those are my responses to those. I'm glad my previous comment was deemed by most to be acceptable terms.

EH?! I think the main point here is: Kirsty is not willing to change it into a manga and games club! >_< BLEH! (We can have a game night one time, but NO WAY is it becoming a manga and games club *shudders*)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:06 pm

Even so, social constructs are not the basis of a topical subjective gathering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)   Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please answer this Poll (if you don't you have no say in the matter)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club :: Archive :: Archived Club News-
Jump to: