Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nick Suggestion

Go down 
+4
KariAlkia
Roger
Hali
Nick
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ruisu~
4th Seat
4th Seat
Ruisu~

Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Aha! I've remembered! It was a rule that if we had speach we had to end the post with it, so the person it's aimed at can respond.
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:59 pm

I'm pretty sure I posted a suggestion before where we open a seperate forum or something for club-member-only Roleplaying. Problem is we didn't know what theme we wanted it, didn't want it fantasy cause it'd be like "Blah blah blah granted me powers and now I can destroy the universe" meh meh meh- I think something more realistic would make sense. And one person could play dungeon-master-type role, giving people tasks to do within a week, even if it's something simple.
Back to top Go down
Ruisu~
4th Seat
4th Seat
Ruisu~

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:01 pm

We just let people do anything. We'd delete their posts if anything got too stupid and started to ruin it.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:03 pm

yeh doesn't need to be anything specific so long as people don't start godmodding
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:03 pm

If this were to happen, it'd have to something to do with anime and manga- I guess it'd be possible to roleplay ourselves in Japan, as Otaku/Hikkikomori, kinda similar to a Genshiken storyline but with a few variations (obviously to be more interesting).
Back to top Go down
Ruisu~
4th Seat
4th Seat
Ruisu~

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:08 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of fantasy universe with epic technologies and magics, and massive epic battles. But that idea of yours sounds hella fun. :3
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:11 pm

Yeah the problem with that as such is people will godmod. Thing that I think could happen is something that's close to reality (such as genshiken) but each character has some sort of power or talent (or w/e) that makes them special. Thing is, when people make their character, they can't have their powers evolve (nor can the powers be initially omega-level) it has to be a power that has major flaws aswell as it's advantages.
Back to top Go down
Ruisu~
4th Seat
4th Seat
Ruisu~

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:15 pm

Seriously though, i think people are grown up enough here to know not to godmod. >___<

That special tallent/power thing interests me.

EDIT: Something just sprung to mind; someone who has monkey-like climbing abilities and could scale almost any building or structure, but is afriad of hights. :3
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:19 pm

Ruisu~ wrote:
Seriously though, i think people are grown up enough here to know not to godmod. >___<

I wouldn't be so sure tbh... (Some people don't like to be inferior to anyone else because of their own insecurities)
Back to top Go down
Ruisu~
4th Seat
4th Seat
Ruisu~

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:21 pm

But i'm sure it'd be in someone's power to make godmodders gtfo. (I see... >___<)

Anyway, we could start a fantasy one and a reality one as seperate threads and see how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:32 pm

I was in a good one that was fantasy/martial arts. There were the good and bad clans. And depending on which clan you're in, you can turn into that clan's legendary animal (as can everyone else in that clan) I was in the Golden Dragons (can't remember the clan's family name, but that's the animal) which was the good side, there was also white tigers and great bears. And the bad side were the snakes, spiders and...I forget the other one.

*EDIT* In fact, I just re-found it, it's not been active in years (since 2006) but I have a lot of good memories of this RP. http://lgstephie.proboards18.com/index.cgi
Back to top Go down
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:52 pm

Maybe to stop Godmodders, we'll just invent the ultimate character which can never be beaten and only comes out of the shadows when someone tries to godmod. Someone like.. Chuck Norris!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
Ruisu~
4th Seat
4th Seat
Ruisu~

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:57 pm

LOL CHUCK NORRIS AS ROLEPLAYING MODERATOR PLOX.

Luke, i just had a quick read through some of the threads of that forum. Epic stuff. The forum i used to go on (Which is completely dead now) used to encourage alot longer paragraphs in people's posts. But i'm guessing there'd be alot more detail in some of the battles on that forum.
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:59 pm

Yeah seeing as you can't control other people's characters people were told to try and write descriptively (unless it was a fast-paced battle which was basic a sentance for a dodge/hit, sentance for reaction and sentance for counter-attack/dying words. At minimum) I'm making a forum now for it- it'll be blankly named so we can decide later.
Back to top Go down
Ruisu~
4th Seat
4th Seat
Ruisu~

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:05 pm

Yey! This is gonna be epic fun. :3
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:10 pm

Ruisu~ wrote:
LOL CHUCK NORRIS AS ROLEPLAYING MODERATOR PLOX.

I second that!
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:31 pm

I'm already working on the forum now- I'm using Legendary Creatures as a template (as in which boards to make, etc.) for those that want to check it out so far it's at http://gyaamrp.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Back to top Go down
Ruisu~
4th Seat
4th Seat
Ruisu~

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:36 pm

You're making an entire new forum!? >___< I was thinking more along the lines of a new section in this forum. >___<
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:39 pm

The reason I didn't want to do that is because people's post counters would go through the roof and it'd make things complicated. I intend to have this forum and the RP forum closely knit anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ruisu~
4th Seat
4th Seat
Ruisu~

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:45 pm

Oh a'kay. Makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:51 pm

Ahh.. I see..

We'll have a big link to it on this forum.. *thinks*
Back to top Go down
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 12:39 am

RyuOni wrote:
The reason I didn't want to do that is because people's post counters would go through the roof and it'd make things complicated. I intend to have this forum and the RP forum closely knit anyway.

At the end of the day, postcount is only a number, and doesn't mean much, especially in small communities.

I'm still all for a separate forum though, purely because an RP section could dwarf the rest of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 12:50 am

yeh i think for a large scale rp a seperate forum is easiest as then you don't end up loosing parts such as character profiles and such
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 12:54 am

I see your point Tom.. but after seeing the roleplay forum http://gyaamrp.darkbb.com I've realised it is best to have a seperate community because its so large and for tidiness sake.. Think of it as Grimsby and Cleethorpes! Cool
Back to top Go down
Ruisu~
4th Seat
4th Seat
Ruisu~

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 12:55 am

Tom wrote:
an RP section could dwarf the rest of the forum.

Nothing can dwarf the shipping thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Suggestion   Nick Suggestion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nick Suggestion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next