Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PIZZA Vending Machine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Taya
Training for Bankai
Training for Bankai
Taya

PIZZA Vending Machine Empty
PostSubject: PIZZA Vending Machine   PIZZA Vending Machine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 4:07 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/14/business/worldbusiness/14vend.html?_r=2&partner=rss

In Italy.
PIZZA Vending Machine 14vend.xlarge1

Lucio Tonina/SITOS

The Let’s Pizza vending machine at a shopping mall in Trentino, Italy. It can turn flour, water, tomato sauce and fresh ingredients into hot pizza in a few minutes for a price as low as $4.50.

The European vending machine industry, which has grown significantly and now has annual sales of about 26 billion euros, or $33 billion, hopes the trend will catch on.

Much recent growth came with the placing of vending machines in factories and offices, where employees took coffee breaks or lunch from machines. But as recession bit into Europe and factories and offices closed, that market has contracted.

At the same time, Europeans are looking for less expensive ways to eat out, and the automat is far less expensive than a white-tablecloth restaurant.

“These are developments that we are watching,” said Luciano Iannuzzi, chief executive of Argenta in Carpi, Italy, a large vending operator with about 120,000 machines.

The idea for a pizza robot came to Mr. Torghele after he worked in California in the mid-1990s creating a fresh pasta manufacturer. “At food courts I saw a trend toward vending machines,” he said at his office in this mountain town. “In fast food, I saw pizza everywhere.”

With backing from a Dutch investment fund, his own capital and money from friends, he set to work. A plan to simply miniaturize industrial technology for producing frozen pizza failed, but by 2003 Mr. Torghele had produced a machine ready to be tested in Chicago and shown at a trade fair in Orlando, Fla.

That same year, with the help of Unilever, the British-Dutch food giant, he test-marketed 20 machines in Germany. “We had a bicycle,” he said. “Now we had to pedal.”

The machine Mr. Torghele and his engineers produced is outfitted with little windows so the customer can watch the pizza being made. As in the Charlie Chaplin film “Modern Times” (in miniature and without Chaplin) wheels turn and gears grind. The customer presses a button to choose one of four varieties — margherita (plain cheese and tomato sauce), bacon, ham or fresh greens. A plastic container dumps flour into a drum resembling a tiny washing machine; a squirt of water follows, and the drum goes into a spin cycle, forming a blob of dough that is then pressed flat to form a 12-inch disk.

Tomato paste is squirted onto the dough and cheese is added before it is lifted into a small infrared oven. The baked pizza then slips onto a cardboard tray and out into the customer’s waiting hands. Mr. Torghele says the pizza will cost as little $4.50, depending on the variety.

I don't know if this is old news to anyone.. but I want to buy a pizza from there (*¬*)/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/5201314gravitation
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PIZZA Vending Machine   PIZZA Vending Machine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:14 am

thats so awesome. Trust the italians to come up with a great pizza invention like that
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
Beth
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Beth

PostSubject: Re: PIZZA Vending Machine   PIZZA Vending Machine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:25 pm

Well...That's a useful invention X3
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: PIZZA Vending Machine   PIZZA Vending Machine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:14 am

Fuggin want.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
∞Hana∞
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
∞Hana∞

PostSubject: Re: PIZZA Vending Machine   PIZZA Vending Machine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:30 am

dude thats pretty coool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PIZZA Vending Machine   PIZZA Vending Machine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PIZZA Vending Machine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club :: Miscellaneous :: Non-Club Related NEWS-
Jump to: