Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WHAT IS THAT?

Go down 
+5
Vikkiii
Tom
Kursed
Roger
Osaka
9 posters

LAYOUT: It's a...
Fail
WHAT IS THAT? Vote_lcap29%WHAT IS THAT? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Warface
WHAT IS THAT? Vote_lcap21%WHAT IS THAT? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WHAT IS THAT? Vote_lcap29%WHAT IS THAT? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
YOU DIDN'T SCARE ME
WHAT IS THAT? Vote_lcap21%WHAT IS THAT? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:54 pm

WHAT IS THAT? War_fa10

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:21 pm

layout was better with the bright white
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:43 am

O_o what's wrong with it? I don't mean to offend Alex but D= at the old layout..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:33 am

WHAT IS THAT? Pictur15
Mess with the best, die like the rest?
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:38 am

osakanone wrote:
WHAT IS THAT? Pictur15
Mess with the best, die like the rest?

Lee, you're sill not actually telling me what's wrong with it.

I've come to the conclusion that 1 the reason people don't like it is because they are insusceptible to change and 2 They have never read Yotsuba& and therefore don't know how hilerious the manga is.

Yeah, I didn't tell you al about the changes (it was an accident anyway) but when I do tell people about changes/plans etc. half of you don't listen anyway! X___X

Anyway, any more reasons why people don't like it? and don't use the bluexgreen = NOOOOO. Take a look in natural, bluexgreen occurs all the time together. Think of the forum like a lillypad!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:36 pm

Why is there a picture of a guy crying?
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:53 pm

Im starting to get on board with the colour scheme
and i bdont mind yotsuba on one picture
but on the one where she looks like shes had a cum explosion on her it just failed
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
Kursed
Kursed

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:59 pm

Vikkiii wrote:

but on the one where she looks like shes had a cum explosion on her it just failed

Tom wrote:
Why is there a picture of a guy crying?

I thought they looked hot xp

But yeah.. he's not crying.. he's just wet Cool like Yotsuba was.. I think they were wet from the rain.. I think..
Back to top Go down
Beth
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Beth

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:26 pm

I like it, the colours look nice together and Grimmjow matches the blue, we are so coordinated now! =D

Well if you really don't like it that much why don't we try a few different combo's out, everyone can make some suggestion of what colours they want. Then if we try them out, take some screen prints and put them next to each other, everyone can vote which they like best, then no one can say they were not asked and everyone will be happy! (Well, probably not, but at least we will have tried X3).
Back to top Go down
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:23 pm

Yotsuba is fine.

We got used to skimming the pictures and colors and knowing what things mean and we got USED to it then you've gone and changed it so we have to learn everything all over again.

Specifically, I fucking hate looking at images and not knowing what they mean and being forced to mouse-over them and my sense of spacial perception on the board (hence my ability to know what comes next on the list on the front-page and perceive my scroll speed) is fucked so I have to scroll slowly and read instead of skimming and "just knowing" which I've been able to do for months..

This is one of the basic established-unified color heuristics which were established by Jakob Neilson in UI design by Bell back in 1978 which can be summarized as:

Quote :
"If you change it, your users will be confused. Sure, everything's in the same place but imagine repainting your house a completely different color after months or years having it a color you tolerated or even liked, then making all your furniture look different: If you didn't make the decision, it doesn't look like home and if you did, you have no way of knowing how your users feel.

Then you're really at risk of not knowing what your customers want. If they think you don't identify with them, they stop buying your products. This will probably be the downfall of many large companies: IBM, Amdahl and Sun Microsystems will probably be the first to go"

Usability Engineering (Morgan Kaufmann, Jakob Neilson), 1985

Funny. IBM's on it's last legs providing server hardware built on Linux. Amdahl were dissolved then a set of engineers formed AMD and Sun Microsystems has more lawsuits than they do customers.

I mean there was a huge fucking uproar about Vista and something like [b]45% of the userbase refuse to switch to it because they don't like the new layouts and icons
: Their brains have to start looking for patterns in color blotches all over again.

Imagine what would happen if you made all the red traffic signs a shade of pale green. Drivers wouldn't even realize the signs were there so they'd be pre-occupied looking for them so they'd drive slower and be less aware of what's on the road.

Don't fuck with layouts if users don't have the choice to go back or they'll hate whoever changed it for making their lives harder.
Back to top Go down
Croft
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Croft

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:59 pm

omfg.
its a layout.
change is good.
get over the fact that its blue and green guys, the harmonious colours are cool :c
lets all have a big ungrouping of thy panties
Back to top Go down
http://malikaa.deviantart.com
Kursed
Kursed

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:07 pm

"It happens."

Two, only TWO images are different. Learning two new images and what they mean isn't alot to ask I don't think. =_= Yeah it'll take time to re-ajust, but you're all smart and young: Your brains will cope.
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:29 pm

T_T i liked pikachu
cause then people would be like....wtf are you on?! is that pikachu ;o??
then id get talking to hot guys
even if they did think i was a freak
xD

theres actually 3 different images
>.< sorry just had to point that out

i actually think the images suit the colour scheme
i just hated cummed on yotsuba it scared me
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
∞Hana∞
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
∞Hana∞

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:32 pm

I* likes the piccies of Grimmjaw :3 hes awesome
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:09 pm

There arn't two new ones *face palm*

Did you forget Watanuki... That makes three.

I thought you did A/S Maths Kirsty XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Sponsored content

WHAT IS THAT? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THAT?   WHAT IS THAT? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHAT IS THAT?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club :: Members :: Quizzes-
Jump to: