Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O

Go down 
+6
Tom
Vikkiii
Roger
Hali
Beth
Kursed
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Empty
PostSubject: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:06 pm

"UFO enthusiasts are claiming damage to a Lincolnshire wind farm turbine was caused by a mystery aircraft.

The turbine at Conisholme lost one 66ft (20m) blade and another was badly damaged in the early hours of Sunday.

County councillor for the area Robert Palmer said he had seen a "round, white light that seemed to be hovering".

Ecotricity, which owns the site, said while investigations continued they were not ruling anything out - but the extent of damage was "unique".

The turbine is one of 20 at the Conisholme site, which has been only been fully operational since April 2008. The broken blade has been recovered and is being examined.

Local ufologists said they had received many reports of activity in the area and had teams searching for clues.

Mr Palmer said: "I actually saw a white light - a round, white light that seemed to be hovering.

"That is the only way I can explain it - it wasn't a flare-like light - it was just round, white light with a slight red edge to it that seemed to be over the wind turbines."

Dale Vince, founder of Ecotricity, said the company was keeping an open mind about the incident.

"We don't have an explanation at the moment as to what the cause was," he said.

"We have been crawling all over it and have sent bits off for analysis to see if we can work out what caused it.

"Until we have some idea, some plausible explanation that it was not a UFO, I don't think we should rule it out".

'Low-flying aircraft'

He added: "To make one of these blades fall off, or to bend it, takes a lot."

Russ Kellett, from the Flying Saucer Bureau, said witnesses had told him of activity in the area.

"One saw what they at first thought was a low-flying aircraft on the Saturday evening and another heard a loud banging in the early hours of Sunday," he said.

"This is the second most reports of activity we have ever had - I have had over 30 phone calls and emails.

"To hit two of the blades, any object must have been about 170ft long."

The Ministry of Defence said it was not looking into the incident.

A spokesman said: "The MoD examines reports solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised military activity.

"Unless there's evidence of a potential threat, there's no attempt to identify the nature of each sighting reported."

Ecotricity said it hoped to have the turbine back in action within a week. "

- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/7817378.stm
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:07 pm

ZO MY GAWD
Back to top Go down
Beth
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Beth

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:53 pm

Those pesky aliens, breaking our wind farms and doodling in our crops again! alien
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:17 pm

*sigh* this is why i hate the news... Crap from a lieing farmer wanting publicity *facepalm* bet they didnt ask him how much drank before seeing it -_-
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:22 pm

i wondered how long it would take before the damage was passed off as ufo damage. Glad to hear the Mod isn't investigating as otherwise there'd be slot of irate people around the world
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:52 pm

i saw a wind turbine when i was out driving round randomly the other day
there was one in the middle of them all, one spinny bit had been completely broken off, one half and the other all looked like melted plastic, i say it just over heated maybe, was abit wierd though
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:23 pm

It wasn't a UFO it was hoodlum kids, obviously
Back to top Go down
Beth
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Beth

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:16 am

Tom wrote:
It wasn't a UFO it was hoodlum kids, obviously

Yes, who says kids today lack ambition. Set fire to a speed camera yestday, Wind turbine today, tommorow, who knows? Dock tower?
Back to top Go down
∞Hana∞
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
∞Hana∞

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:47 am

i hope xenomorphs land :3 i can make them my pets >3<
Back to top Go down
Ruisu~
4th Seat
4th Seat
Ruisu~

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Hey, at least we know how to fend off Alien scum when they try to attack. =D
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 5:26 pm

Nanashi wrote:
i hope xenomorphs land :3 i can make them my pets >3<

Yay pet xenomorph =3

Oh and im with routhy on this one, those meddling kids!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:03 pm

Yeh alians seem abit farfetched, kids seem more likely though is an impressive feet
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:13 pm

Yeh, where did they get the salt peter for explosives!? Isn't it illegal to have it on your person now? Also anarchists cookbook anyone?
Back to top Go down
∞Hana∞
∞Hana∞

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:47 pm

i wanna believe its aliens :3
am watch Aliens atm XD and am like XENOMORPHS cuttte *wants one* D8 as long as those aliens dont nom us :3 am fine with Aliens.....and no ET aliens he was creepeh D8
Back to top Go down
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Everybody knows that teenager is only one step away from terrorist

They all carry bombs and guns around, it'd be easy for them

I say we slap an ASBO on all teenagers, they're not to be allowed out after 7pm and any sighted outside after 7pm will be shot.
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Tom wrote:

I say we slap an ASBO on all teenagers, they're not to be allowed out after 7pm and any sighted outside after 7pm will be shot.

Well that's the anime club gone- good times, see ya'll around, under 7pm of course.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Chunin
Chunin
Tom

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:03 pm

RyuOni wrote:
Tom wrote:

Well that's the anime club gone- good times, see ya'll around, under 7pm of course.

We'll just have to move it to a more turbine-friendly time
Back to top Go down
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:04 pm

I stopped taking it serious at "ufologists ".

tl;dr: There's cold certified science explaining the mechanism behind these craft and where they're from isn't that interesting. It's a bitch to get anything on Google but if you're a college or uni student, look into NASA's work with mobile-fluid based superconducting centrifuges which make use of ferrofluid superconductors as the core mass.

They only built fairly small units in their experiments (no larger than half a meter in diameter) before the NASA Jet Propulsive Laboratory was kindly asked to cease their experiments.
They even got real results, generating a whopping 0.4 negative G (enough to half your terminal velocity: You could leap off a building and the fall would not harm you because your potential energy due to gravity wouldn't be high enough on impact to harm you) which while useless for flight (you need a minimum of 0.8 negative G which negotiates the mass of the vessel as well as the device itself).
Most of it was actually based on Nikolai Tesla's work, too. Those interested, look up the Philadelphia Experiment and look into Zero Point Energy. Oh, and Hafnium based nucleonic devices (just drop Hafnium and X-ray into google).
You math geeks will get a real kick out of quasicrystals. The structures can be physically tougher than the equivalent volume and mass of carbon nanotubes by about a factor of 50.

Next summer, I'm contemplating taking a crack at seeing if Ike's math for using a Magneton as a magnetic pre-amp for voltage return is possible (lol zeropoint) but I need to work out where I can get a capacitor that's happy around the 0.5a range that doesn't require any certification.
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:40 pm

osakanone wrote:
I stopped taking it serious at "ufologists ".

tl;dr: There's cold certified science explaining the mechanism behind these craft and where they're from isn't that interesting. It's a bitch to get anything on Google but if you're a college or uni student, look into NASA's work with mobile-fluid based superconducting centrifuges which make use of ferrofluid superconductors as the core mass.

They only built fairly small units in their experiments (no larger than half a meter in diameter) before the NASA Jet Propulsive Laboratory was kindly asked to cease their experiments.
They even got real results, generating a whopping 0.4 negative G (enough to half your terminal velocity: You could leap off a building and the fall would not harm you because your potential energy due to gravity wouldn't be high enough on impact to harm you) which while useless for flight (you need a minimum of 0.8 negative G which negotiates the mass of the vessel as well as the device itself).
Most of it was actually based on Nikolai Tesla's work, too. Those interested, look up the Philadelphia Experiment and look into Zero Point Energy. Oh, and Hafnium based nucleonic devices (just drop Hafnium and X-ray into google).
You math geeks will get a real kick out of quasicrystals. The structures can be physically tougher than the equivalent volume and mass of carbon nanotubes by about a factor of 50.

Next summer, I'm contemplating taking a crack at seeing if Ike's math for using a Magneton as a magnetic pre-amp for voltage return is possible (lol zeropoint) but I need to work out where I can get a capacitor that's happy around the 0.5a range that doesn't require any certification.

stopped taking it serious?
thats pretty serious to me lol xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:01 pm

No, I mean that article. Ufology isn't a scientific discipline, it's a neologism and therefor doesn't warrant use in publication without making the writer uncertifiable unless it is written in good humor (in english:The writer thinks it's a joke, though since its mostly accounts of the people in an unbiased fashion, its just the writer bleeding in their personal opinion in a fairly subtle manner).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O   UFO Attack on UK wind farms!  =O Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFO Attack on UK wind farms! =O
Page 1 of 1