Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Gundam Academy

Go down 
+4
∞Hana∞
RyuOni
Kursed
KariAlkia
8 posters
AuthorMessage
KariAlkia
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
KariAlkia

The Gundam Academy Empty
PostSubject: The Gundam Academy   The Gundam Academy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:22 am

I read this ages ago in the times and completly forgot untill now XD

This is real and from "The Times"....

"Gundam cartoon academy to turn science fiction into reality in Japan"

For most universities around the world illegal meteor-mining, politically explosive space colonies and wars waged between teenagers in robot battle suits are treated as the stuff of pure fantasy.

For Japan, they are the stuff of high academia.

In an attempt to inject “the most inventive possible thinking” into Japan, representatives of many of its most august universities are to become a “virtual faculty” of the Gundam Academy — the first academic institution based on a cartoon.

Next year dozens of engineers, astrophysicists, doctors, anthropologists, linguists — even town planners — will begin discussing how to convert the science-fiction series Gundam, created by Yoshiyuki Tomino, 66, into reality.

The agenda will be broad: the Gundam comic series has been running since the late 1970s and its storylines have constructed one of the most complete and complex future-scapes in science fiction.

Central to Gundam are the huge, occasionally dysfunctional, battle suits used by the characters to settle squabbles that arise as humanity fights over resources and power. The robotic engineering, the low-gravity control mechanisms and the life-support systems will all be subjects at the Gundam Academy.

One aeronautics expert involved in the project said that, as a serious scientist, he can see clearly which parts of Gundam are technically feasible and which are not.

Nuclear-powered thermal rockets and spherical helper robots should be pursued, he said.

At a recent symposium held by the founders of the academy and academics, there were lively discussions about emulating the protective coating which prevents the fictional battle suits burning-up on atmospheric re-entry, and the airbags that protect the pilot from the violent lurches of battle.

The underlying storyline in the Gundam series is one of political strife, endless war and the challenges that arise when mankind begins to move away from Earth.

Shinya Hashizume, a professor of urban planning and architecture at Osaka Prefectural University, said: “Gundam presents the reader with many challenges that we will encounter. It is vital to begin conducting research into these. Scientific research in Japan desperately needs a flow of new ideas.”

If they are successful, the founders of the project told The Times, institutions and companies across Japan could embark on new fields of research: everything from the perfection of a universal translation device to moon settlements and the construction of a mega-particle cannon.

Shinichi Nakasuka, a professor of astronautics at the University of Tokyo and one of the founders of the academy, said: “Studying fiction is an excellent way to get ideas about the future. Scientists often restrict their way of thinking to what they factually know. The comic shows how ordinary people without much deep scientific knowledge can come up with very good ideas.”

XD funny isnt it.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/karialkia
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

The Gundam Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gundam Academy   The Gundam Academy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:25 am

Ha ha.. wow! *resists urge to say 'there's hope for Lee yet!'* xp;;
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

The Gundam Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gundam Academy   The Gundam Academy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:56 am

I wanna be a gundam fighter pilot...I'd easy be Heero Yui XD
Back to top Go down
∞Hana∞
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
∞Hana∞

The Gundam Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gundam Academy   The Gundam Academy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:12 am

I AM SO JOINING Like a Star @ heaven¬Like a Star @ heaven I wanna pilot a gundam like Setsuna
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

The Gundam Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gundam Academy   The Gundam Academy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:16 am

That would be pretty cool to be able to learn that kind of stuff, wars would never be the same again
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

The Gundam Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gundam Academy   The Gundam Academy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:26 am

†Nana† wrote:
Setsuna
'nuff said?
xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
Allelujah Haptism
In the Academy
In the Academy
Allelujah Haptism

The Gundam Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gundam Academy   The Gundam Academy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:07 pm

Apparently, GN Particles are feasible.

Vikki, your Setsuna fantasy is right round the corner. And everyone else's Lockon Stratos fantasy is there too.
Back to top Go down
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

The Gundam Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gundam Academy   The Gundam Academy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:20 am

KITA (キタ━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

Edit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Gundam Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gundam Academy   The Gundam Academy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gundam Academy
Page 1 of 1