Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!!

Go down 
+2
RyuOni
shinzo-chan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shinzo-chan
4th Seat
4th Seat
shinzo-chan

Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!! Empty
PostSubject: Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!!   Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:01 am

Ok, so basically the Duke of Edinburgh Award is aimed at folks like us to get us out and about, more active, into stuff.. blah blah... it does many different activities and levels ranging from animal care and fantasy games to self defence and soft toy making (PLUSHIIEESSS!!! =D) (kinda wide gaps =D) at bronze, silver and gold.

The possibly club-related thing is the expedition! They do this thing where participants walk for a set amount of time whilst camping out doors in their groups, other than the groups no other adults are present, the duration is:

level: BRONZE
Time: 2 days and 1 night
Minimum hours of planned activity per day:At least 6 hours during the daytime

I dont think anyone'll be doing silver or gold (theyre longer, Gold being 4 days and 3 nights).

The club would be split into groups since the expedition groups would be at max. 7 people. (Sorry Kursed, i thought it was 9 TT__TT).

I thought a requirement was that you needed to be in the Award to be able to do the expedition, but it says on the following link that not all the expedion team needs to be taking the award, however i suspect that it will have to mostly consist of those who are taking it.

If you want to join you do need to buy a little booklet that keeps a record of all your progress, which is £10, but its really good, it lists many of the activities the award does and you get a discount card for camping gear, even though the award provides gear for expeditions.

If youre interested please let me know! Even if only a few of you are if its more than four we can go since four is the minimum requirement for an expedition group n__n

The link to the page with more info about the expeditions is here:

http://www.theaward.org/participants/index.php?id=65&ids=48,122
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!!   Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:03 am

I think I'll be getting this award thingy anyway when I'm in the Army. Though it would be fun to go camping =)
Back to top Go down
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!!   Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:15 am

I am seriously interested! O__________O
We must all do this as a club bonding activity! n_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
shinzo-chan
4th Seat
4th Seat
shinzo-chan

PostSubject: Re: Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!!   Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:21 am

I'll bring my award book in tomorrow and see who's interested X3

I know it sounds like a lot of work with the training and all but if we all do it on the same day itll be all together so itll be part of the fun n__n
Back to top Go down
Vikkiii
Kage
Kage
Vikkiii

PostSubject: Re: Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!!   Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:53 am

This sounds really good and i think we should all organize it (Y)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovemysheep.com
Jenbo
In the Academy
In the Academy
Jenbo

PostSubject: Re: Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!!   Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:26 pm

Sounds good ^^ You mentioned this before didn't ya?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!!   Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Iasn't there an age limit on it, was under the iompression can only do it up till your 19 but if not then sounds loike fun
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!!   Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:49 pm

That would suck if there was an age-limit T_T
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!!   Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duke of Edinburgh Award - Club Expedition!!
Page 1 of 1