Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kinda takes the piss just a bit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

Kinda takes the piss just a bit Empty
PostSubject: Kinda takes the piss just a bit   Kinda takes the piss just a bit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:17 pm

A police officer who used a Taser stun gun to subdue a 10-year-old girl in her own home has been suspended - not for using the weapon but for not having a video camera attached when he used it.

The officer was called to the girl's home in Ozark, Arkansas, by her mother because she was behaving in an unruly manner and refusing to take a shower.
Mayor Vernon McDaniel said Dustin Bradshaw was suspended on Wednesday for seven days with pay for failing to follow department procedures, because he did not have the camera on.

Mr McDaniel said Arkansas State Police or the FBI should look into whether the use of the stun gun was proper. The girl, who has not been identified, was not injured and is now at youth shelter.
In a report on the incident the officer, Dustin Bradshaw, said the mother gave him permission to use the Taser.
When he arrived, the girl was curled up on the floor, screaming, and resisting as her mother tried to get her in the shower before bed.
"Her mother told me to take her if I needed to," the officer wrote.
The child was "violently kicking and verbally combative" when he tried to take her into custody and she kicked him in the groin.
He then delivered "a very brief drive stun to her back," the report said.

The girl's father, Anthony Medlock, who is divorced from her mother, said the girl showed signs of emotional problems but did not deserve to be "treated like an animal".
But Police Chief Jim Noggle said on Wednesday that Taser stun guns are a safe way to subdue people who are a danger to themselves or others.
"We didn't use the Taser to punish the child - just to bring the child under control so she wouldn't hurt herself or somebody else," Mr Noggle said.
Had the officer tried to forcefully put the girl in handcuffs, he could have accidentally broken her arm or leg, Mr Noggle said.
Mr Noggle said the girl will face disorderly conduct charges as a juvenile.

from: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6607761/Policeman-who-used-Taser-gun-to-subdue-10-year-old-girl-suspended.html

Last edited by Roger on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
∞Hana∞
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
Spare Time {Can I have it?}
∞Hana∞

PostSubject: Re: Kinda takes the piss just a bit   Kinda takes the piss just a bit Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 10:10 pm

._. all because she didn't want to take a shower? wtf
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kinda takes the piss just a bit   Kinda takes the piss just a bit Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:48 am

yeh just goes to show how fucked up the Americans really can be
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: Kinda takes the piss just a bit   Kinda takes the piss just a bit Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:10 pm

I remember reading about the tasering on sankaku and I was just stunned out how retarded the police across the pond could be... Seriously... A taser on a 10 year old not wanting to bathe =_=
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Deus Invisus
Dead in Valkurm
Dead in Valkurm
Deus Invisus

PostSubject: Re: Kinda takes the piss just a bit   Kinda takes the piss just a bit Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 2:04 pm

hell thats just ...wrong! why taser a child just cos she wont take a bath.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinda takes the piss just a bit   Kinda takes the piss just a bit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinda takes the piss just a bit
Page 1 of 1