Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimsby's Anime and Manga Club

Dead forum is dead. Facebook me or email me if you want it re-opening. -Alex

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WILD OSAKA APPEARS!

Go down 
+2
Roger
Osaka
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Empty
PostSubject: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:44 am

Disclaimer:
Lots of stuff (mostly names of stuff) is clickable, leading to wiki articles and youtube videos for those not in the know.
I have strong opinions on everything I've seen and I'm not afraid to bad-mouth your favorite show around you if I think it's a steaming crock.

WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Azumanga_osaka_fgsfds

(Yes, I am aware my tastes are unusually American)
(Yes, I am aware I am something of a snob when it comes to my anime)
(No, I don't care.)

Name: Lee Swinscoe
Pseudonym (If I've written naughty fanfiction, you can bet it's under this name) Leon Jacob Floyd

Shipping: (ONOES!)

Shinya x Takaya (Tekkaman),
    Lahlah Sune x Char Azanable//Amuro x Char (UC Gundam)
    Dianna x Kihel (Turn-A Gundam) [Twincest ftw]
    Maestro Delphine Eracrea x Dio Eracrea / Dio x Claus (Last Exile)

Favorite anime:

Manga:

Male/Female: Loran Cehack, Kitsune
Villains: Queen Delphine (Last Exile), Majo (Time Bokan), Haman Khan (Gundam Zeta) <3
(Hmm... Seems I have a thing for female villains...)

Manga Label: OneShots, Daicon,
Seeking: Tekkaman Blade: Twin Blood (translated novel) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HjSstl7YZY and original Novel of Sentou Yousei Yukikaze

Scene: Myuki's Death in the original Tekkaman, Urotsukidoji III's ending, Char meeting Ray for the first time face to face (Zeta Gundam)

Cutest Character: Pino (Ergo Proxy), Dejiko (Digi Charat) (I guess I just like cats)
Worst thing(s) about anime and manga:

1) Japanese writers (often horribly cliche'd as of late, seem to have dried up).
    2) Shows that revolve around a gimmick and Japanese humor, not a plot.
    3) Cash cows, & Filler
    4) Moe (it was cute to begin with but now I'm sick of it it)
    5) Pandering to a specific audience or trying to be very broad and missing the point entirely with a production.

Hate Rant: Code Geass
    Okay, I suppose it'd be an understatement to say I prefer older stuff to newer stuff: Having gone into anime following the hype of big robots, wide hips, explosions and complex character development and having emerged to see what amount to a mass of pretty-boys, badly written endings and low budget productions we see to day.

Disappointment is probably the best way to summarize how I feel about the industry today:
    How the hell can Bandai give Code Geass the same budget as their latest incarnation of Gundam and still manage to fuck it up?

There is nothing fun about a glorified emo-man-child with a god-complex, convenient bouts of poorly written amnesia and the power to make people dumber than him (who through means I do not entirely understand manage to remain dumber without actually forgetting how to breathe) all while there's some vague talk of slandering Europe in hyper-xenophobic masturbation to assert the superiority of the motherland and the master-race.

I feel sort of offended for a moment. Then I remember it's just a cartoon - silly me!
    Then I'm offended this is targetted at Japanese girls and young children under the likelihood Japanese men are sick of gaijin stealing their ladies. Probably.

What makes it worse is the manchild behind all of this is supposed to be a strategist.

Japan, do you even know how to play chess? I've seriously watched and I've counted six illegal moves made by lelouche (herein referred to as ledouche) and he exercises all the tactical knowledge and capacity of a monkey with tokyo tower rammed up it's arse chanting the Japanese national anthem.

Next time you write about something, Japan, read about it first.
    Chess is not checkers or Go.

Granted, he is a very well groomed monkey who is especially good at making silly faces with his mixed up palette of expression which some how manages to appear both better and worse than the androgynous plastic faces, lava-lamp eyes and gormless expressions imposed onto us by Hirai "please kill me now I am an abomination" Hisashi.

WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Lelouch
    I mean seriously: Look at his gormless face.
    That, ladies and gents, is nothing close to being male.

Infact, his name is almost identical to "lecouche",
    a kind of £3 wine you can find at any Tescos.

Despicable.

He is made of anorexia and pretentious stupidity. He wouldn't know manliness if it super-imposed itself through any of his noodly orifices (which is a step in the right direction considering the lad needs a fucking sandwich).

Human beings do not look like this. It's OK when CLAMP do it - they see that they do it properly by torturing the many female monkeys that slave away to produce their brightly colored goodness and it looks artistic! (take xxxholic, which is given that strange slightly unsettling undertone it truly deserves).
    I find myself truly frightened watching Code Geass and wondering exactly whether or not someone's flipped their mouths upside down and whether or not the artist learned to draw by tracing old episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh(!). Somewhere in that mess of pretentious and attention-whore, there are characters and a plot so dumb not even Lucas would fund them.

Were they even trying? What has anime come to?

Bring us out of this dark-age and into
    the golden-age of prosperity seen within
    the late 80's/early 90's!

WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Bf9a8768a2858d8b2470dec55ff6943a
    (Above: clearly superior specimens)
    One of them even looks like Johnny Depp!
    Beat that, noodle boy!

</outburst>

Yes - I watch zero punctation.

Last edited by osakanone on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Captain
Captain
Roger

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:08 am

Quote :
There is nothing fun about a glorified emo-man-child with a god-complex, convenient bouts of poorly written amnesia and the power to make people dumber than him (who through means I do not entirely understand manage to remain dumber without actually forgetting how to breathe) all while there's some vague talk of slandering Europe in hyper-xenophobic masturbation to assert the superiority of the motherland and the master-race.
That right there is classic. I like your style!

Also:
Quote :
He is made of anorexia and pretentious stupidity. He wouldn't know manliness if it super-imposed itself through any of his noodly orifices
love your wording there and the wine comment really cracled me up. I look forward to reading some more of your "oppinions" in due course as there bloody brilliant
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepickmeister
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:24 pm

Lupin III and Lodoss War FTW

Also, love the rant about Code Geass XD Anything done by the same animation studio as the Tsubasa Chronicles anime should Must be shunned/ destroyer/ imploded out of existance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alex3737
Kursed
This many posts? You're joking right?
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:23 pm

*Doesn't know where to begin*

Lelouch is 17/18 years old. Leave him alone o_O Seriously. I think anyone would screw up big style if they were in his position at that age, bareing in mind previously he had no experience in combat/war etc. Speaking on behalf of many people, I want to watch an anime about a guy who messes up, who makes mistakes, who is an idiot sometimes, someone who is 'real'. That's one of the reasons why I love Code Geass, the fact that yeah, Lelouch makes mistakes and doesn't get it right every damn time. I find that fun. I find watching someone with a 'glorified emo-man-child with a god-complex' fun. Its interesting. Its hot. I agree the amnesia he suffered was poorly written but still, I'll let it pass.

Personally, I didn't notice the whole chess being played wrong.. I was probably too busy watching Lelouch. At the end of the day, the show isn't about chess, chess is just there to make a point that Lelouch is an excellent strategist, nothing much more. Chill out. Like you said "it's just a cartoon"

Moving on to his looks. Humans, real people, characters, animals, they all make strange faces and expressions, I bet even you do! =o *gasp* So what's your problem there? Lava-lamp eyes you say? I'll take Lava-lamp eyes anyday Wink Or was you refering to the colour? Did you remmeber this is anime? and anime is famous for its wacky coloured hair and eyes?

"That, ladies and gents, is nothing close to being male." That's very stereotypical of you to say. 'girly guys' are fine with me and I don't recall anyone professing Lelouch to be all 'manly', or am I mistaken?

If I wanted to watch guys who looked anatomically correct I'd go watch Lost and Josh Holloway. Speaking again on behalf of many people, I want to watch someone that looks like him. Honestly speaking you sound jealous xp *goes into fangirl mood* Lelouch is gorgeous and moves beautifully..

You know.. you're stating a lot of opinion as fact. Its getting on my nerves. (I know I have, but still, -_-)

Just because YOU don't like feminine, skinny, and stupid guys, doesn't mean everyone else feels that way. (Not saying Lelouch is, but that is how you've described him and if he is like that, well HELL! that's the kind of male character I like!) We all have different tastes.

You did know that it was CLAMP that created the character designs for Code Geass, right? Its very clear by watching Suzaku, he is the spitting image of Syaoran. If you have anyone to blame for the characters, blame Clamp. I honestly think Clamp did a fantastic job. I really hope you knew that it was them who did the character designs for CG, if not.. you really don't know their art style very well to not even be able to recognise it.

At the end of the day, if you hate it so much, why bother wasting so much precious time writting slander like this? I think its sad that you harbour such intense feelings (that are apparent in your writting) for a series you claim to 'hate'.

-_- Seriously.. *shakes head*

osakanone wrote:

WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Bf9a8768a2858d8b2470dec55ff6943a
(Above: clearly superior specimens)
One of them even looks like Johnny Depp!
Beat that, noodle boy!

They don't suit my taste at all. Not even close. *mentally throws up at thought of Johnny Depp*
If the opposite to them is Noodle Boy, then damn, NOODLE BOY GET INTO MY ROOM and quick.
(That was a little harsh xp but.. they really don't do it for me personally >_<)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kirstyful
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:33 am

Quote :
Just because YOU don't like feminine, skinny, and stupid guys, doesn't mean everyone else feels that way. (Not saying Lelouch is, but that is how you've described him and if he is like that, well HELL! that's the kind of male character I like!) We all have different tastes.

It's not that he's stupid. It's that they write him to be smart - and he isn't.
And that's terrible. And no amount of pizza-butt will distract me from that.

Quote :
Moving on to his looks. Humans, real people, characters, animals, they all make strange faces and expressions, I bet even you do! =o *gasp* So what's your problem there?

WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Code-geass-25-37
WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Code_geass_14

I rest my case.

Quote :
Lava-lamp eyes you say?
A term used across many-a community to describe artists who depict eyes in a fashion which does not portray expression - going overboard with signature style.
I will not deny: The art budget for the show was little more than a shoe-string and a cough but some of the fan-art of him is actually very nice.
But the show itself bares on barely watchable.

WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Gundam_seed_3_1024
I know it looks fairly "meh" right now but beyond 5 episodes in, it really becomes very noticeable.

WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Kira2

See? There is something truly disconcerting about his eyes, eyelashes and scary looks.
He will stab you to death in your sleep - by blinking.

Quote :
"That, ladies and gents, is nothing close to being male." That's very stereotypical of you to say. 'girly guys' are fine with me and I don't recall anyone professing Lelouch to be all 'manly', or am I mistaken?
It just erks me that the lead in a mecha show is neither manly nor feminine and yet packs a distinctly male superiority complex.

Quote :
We all have different tastes.
Right, and I'm clinging to descarté's rock so my flavor is king.
Mwaha.

Quote :
You did know that it was CLAMP that created the character designs for Code Geass, right?
Yes, yes, but they chose the worst animators and did a god awful job of key-framing it and farmed a lot of it out to Korea (especially the final "fabulous" fight).

CLAMP did do a fantastic job. And as always: Sunrise and Bandai fucked it up.

Quote :
At the end of the day, if you hate it so much, why bother wasting so much precious time writting slander like this?

This is why.. I had to vent it: I'm sick of seeing it worshipped when it has all the depth of a spoon of dross.

Quote :
That was a little harsh xp but.. they really don't do it for me personally >_<
Maybe it's just me. My feet are firmly set in reality and I like something I can visually identify with. If it's stupidly abstract and abnormally cliche'd, I want little to do with it unless it's actually funny.

YHBT.
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:02 am

osakanone wrote:

It's not that he's stupid. It's that they write him to be smart - and he isn't.
And that's terrible. And no amount of pizza-butt will distract me from that.

"He is made of anorexia and pretentious stupidity."

Quote :
WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Code-geass-25-37
WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Code_geass_14

I rest my case.

Nina will never live that face down. xp You say you like things to be realistic? Well that seems to be pretty realistic to me. People actually do make those kinds of faces. *looks in mirror for proof*

I like lava-lamp eyes...

Kira is hot.. yes.. but.. meh.. there's hotter.. *looks at Lelouch*

*lost will to nit-pick*

Quote :
YHBT.

Ha ha.. is that so..
Back to top Go down
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:18 am

Well yeah, you got all angry about it.

It's just stereotypical pretty-boy nonsense to me.
Well engineered pretty-boys made by the marketing department to make money.

I don't find Kira attractive in the slightest.
There's no depth. No mystique. No interest.
He doesn't even posses an ounce of skill - Just good instincts and hax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i16n4eySKc
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:06 am

Ok no more fighting, Lee is allowed his opinion of Code Geass, and you're allowed your opinion too. Just stop bickering k?

biscuit anyone?
Back to top Go down
IrNinjin
4th Seat
4th Seat
IrNinjin

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:52 am

oO

Chillax people and lets go on a merry-go-round.
Fun? Funnn??
Back to top Go down
http://www.hexrpg.com
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:37 pm

BISCUIT!?

OMNOMNOMNOM

But yeah, sorry for griefing you. :3
My bad.
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:39 pm

Lets go to Millies cookies, i fuckin' loves them :3
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:43 pm

That's actually not a bad idea, I think we should all go into town on a day, buy some cookies, pocky, have a starbucks/eskimoos, and bug waterstones by going in; reading loads of manga, and not buying anything XD
Back to top Go down
Hali
Admin
Admin
Hali

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:54 pm

i got through 3 volumes of naruto before i was kicked out of waterstones lol
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:55 pm

Ha ha ha, madhead. I'm sure half a dozen teens walking in and reading all their stock and not buying ought (with the exception of Abbi cause she's a bibliophile...I've just decided) would kinda piss em off...sounds fun =P
Back to top Go down
IrNinjin
4th Seat
4th Seat
IrNinjin

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:30 pm

Omg, I'm up for that.

Just not weekends.
Back to top Go down
RyuOni
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:31 pm

Yeah I'm good for it too. I usually don't have work til the evening (about 5+, though it's a 4pm on sundays) anyway so any days fine with me
Back to top Go down
IrNinjin
4th Seat
4th Seat
IrNinjin

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:38 pm

Awh, well thats good then.

I work just weekends so anything is good for me.
Back to top Go down
Osaka
Chunin
Chunin
Osaka

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:41 pm

I like where this is going.
Back to top Go down
Kursed
Kursed

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:02 pm

Sounds yummy! n_n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WILD OSAKA APPEARS!   WILD OSAKA APPEARS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WILD OSAKA APPEARS!
Page 1 of 1